3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

just got my tuner.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
regardless, you should still be able to use it immediately to tune your ram. it might not be the most up to date tune/features, but should still give you mostly everything.
That is true with SC, you can use it without updating first. But with the DSP I believe that you need to update before you can use it.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Hoss356
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
That is true with SC, you can use it without updating first. But with the DSP I believe that you need to update before you can use it.
Well... not exactly true, my Diablo was plug and play and I've previously owned the SC cortex and after two weeks, multiple downloads and emails, they still couldn't get it to work for me. From what I've seen on here it's hit or miss but at least you're getting the latest updated tune when you download..

Old 02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoss356
Well... not exactly true, my Diablo was plug and play and I've previously owned the SC cortex and after two weeks, multiple downloads and emails, they still couldn't get it to work for me.
I guess I should say the SC 3815 doesn't need to be updated to use. Didn't know that about the Cortex.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:05 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

My Predator took me a few hours to download the updates. There were problems and after I figured the problem out it took only 15minutes. Vista needs drivers downloaded in order to use the program. I added the info in Diablo's forums sticky section

Old 02-11-2009, 10:17 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oneluv912
So I got my preditor in the mail today!!!!!! I was all excited cause i got free overnight shipping from autoanything.com. Well I took it out of the box and right out of the box it already needs updates. Is this normal? I went to buy the cable and it's going to take them 6 days to get it here. What a waste of overnight shipping. I didn't relize that buying a 375 dollar item will require a download right off the back. Anyway I can't wait to use it. Is downloading the new updates pretty easy to do?
Originally Posted by oneluv912
I thougt I still would be able to use it but as soon as I plug it in and hit tune it tells me it needs to be updated and it is safe to unplug. I wish it would let me tune it with the old way until I get the usb cable. Oh well I guess that's how things work.
The update that you need before you can use it is the DCX calibration update....you can get this update at the dealer if you want but they might charge you for it. It has nothing to do with the tuner version but the tuner needs your stock calibration to be current with the one dodge just released. Set aside some time for this...the cal install alone takes a solid 15 minutes.

Now updating the tuner version is a good idea but isn't necessary. Go to diablos site and read all of this...I know you haven't done it otherwise you'd know all of this already. Follow their instructions and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: just got my tuner.