3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gibson Exhuast????

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Shrek78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gibson Exhuast????

There a few different types of exhuast systems out there. One is Gibson. I was wondering if those who have it on there trucks, like it or hate it and what style they have on it. What other exhuast kits do you guys recomend.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 PM
timothyfrohlich

When i bought my truck it had the gibson super truck exhaust system on it with dual outlets running out right behind the back passenger door (quad cab) in front of the rear tire. I like the sound of it, but not the placement because it you get that drone noise in the cab on the highway. I get alot of compliments on it though, even though I dislike the look of it. The exhaust is not too loud, but gives a nice rumble when you let off the throttle. I was thinking of taking it to the local muffler shop and seeing if they could run the dual pipes off the muffler to exit behind the rear tire on each side. I think that would reduce some of the cab drone, and look better in my opinion.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shrek78
What other exhuast kits do you guys recomend.
The best advice I ever got was to install an electric cutout. It is hands down my favorite exhaust setup that I have had yet.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Jarrod904
Veteran

i have the gibson swept side exhaust on my truck, i really like it not to loud but gives a nice rumble, and no drone no problems with it yet..

Old 02-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Shrek78

What is an eletric cutout?

Old 02-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shrek78
What is an eletric cutout?
It is a mechanical valve that attaches to a y-pipe in your exhaust that can be opened or closed with a switch in the cab. Basically you replace a piece of your exhaust before the muffler with the y-pipe and attach the cutout to the y-pipe. With the cutout closed the exhaust flows through the muffler as it usually does. When you open the cutout the exhaust exits prior to ever entering the muffler. So it gives you the option of having a normal sounding exhaust when you want and a LOUD exhaust when you are in the mood.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:28 PM
AMCman10
Rookie

My gibson dual sport (dual exit behind right rear) was on my truck when I bought it. Good thing since thats what I already wanted. I love the sound. Its strong and loud. It can drone at certain speeds and the windows up, but with the windows down it just sounds awesome. I love it.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:25 PM
06CountryBoy5.7
Professional

magnaflow

Quick Reply: Gibson Exhuast????