3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Listen to this, dodge warranty fraud!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM
InfernoRedHemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dazed01
Not all dealers are bad. Not all techs are bad lol.
In light of this it isn't a bad idea to be careful. It could have been a mistake but then again it might not have been.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:12 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

haha I remember Scapes you posted in another thread and said you were worried because you had to bring your truck to the dealership in a few hours..kinda ironic lol

Old 02-12-2009, 08:22 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 02Steve1990
haha I remember Scapes you posted in another thread and said you were worried because you had to bring your truck to the dealership in a few hours..kinda ironic lol
i know i did, i feel like i jinxed myself, and for some reason i had alittle anxiety about bringing the truck in this time too!

I still feel like the dealer was trying to pull the wool over my eyes, i dont doubt it for one second...i may look dumb but i aint that stupid, especially when we are talking $1300!! this kinda crap just blows my mind, i guess this is what our ****ty economy has brought us too. its a lesson for everyone (of course it happened to me!) to keep your heads up and stand firm.

but hey...its a good excuse to finally get those coopers right!!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:52 PM
dazed01
Veteran

Originally Posted by InfernoRedHemi
In light of this it isn't a bad idea to be careful. It could have been a mistake but then again it might not have been.
I agree, it's good to be cautious but not everybody is the same. The bad ones are the one that get heard about not the good ones

Old 02-12-2009, 08:55 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

Who can you trust nowadays? I feel like i cant even trust the warranty company. anyone else have AutoXtend?

Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aftermarket warranties blow. The title "Dodge warranty Fraud" is misleading. You bought a warranty from a crappy company, not Dodge.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:57 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

your right i realized that after i wrote it, i was fuming (and still am). the whole thing is a mess regardless.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Ben D.
Champion

yea definately gotta agree with not all dealers are bad...

the service dept. at the dealer near mine is awesome the salesman awesome. When i bought my truck i was 19 and they were very straight up with me.. i've talked to other dealers.. infact i was looking at a mitsubishi evo but the dealership thought i was just messing with them and wouldn't even work up an offer or run a credit check and get some financing options.

went to dodge because i was already leaning towards the truck before the evo anyway.. just was a spur of the moment thought for the fast little import. but they treated me right gave me a good offer ordered my truck for me with all the options.. even has my name on the window sticker.

the service dept even lets me do my own work on the truck.. my one speaker was rattling the other day which turns out it's blow.. don't care that's why i bought standard audio.. i'm going high end aftermarket sometime. but I called and asked if they cared if i just took the door panel off to check it... no qualms whatsoever.. even let me take out the center console to clean it.. some dumbass pulled out in front of me.. slammed brakes and soda went well everywhere... sticky nasty ****.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:31 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ben D.
yea definately gotta agree with not all dealers are bad...

the service dept. at the dealer near mine is awesome the salesman awesome. When i bought my truck i was 19 and they were very straight up with me.. i've talked to other dealers.. infact i was looking at a mitsubishi evo but the dealership thought i was just messing with them and wouldn't even work up an offer or run a credit check and get some financing options.

went to dodge because i was already leaning towards the truck before the evo anyway.. just was a spur of the moment thought for the fast little import. but they treated me right gave me a good offer ordered my truck for me with all the options.. even has my name on the window sticker.

the service dept even lets me do my own work on the truck.. my one speaker was rattling the other day which turns out it's blow.. don't care that's why i bought standard audio.. i'm going high end aftermarket sometime. but I called and asked if they cared if i just took the door panel off to check it... no qualms whatsoever.. even let me take out the center console to clean it.. some dumbass pulled out in front of me.. slammed brakes and soda went well everywhere... sticky nasty ****.
+1 My dealership has never tried to swindle me and have given me discounts in their shop for NO reason. A couple things even done from them free for me. Granted, i know ppl that work there, but they treat ALL customers like that. Id buy from my dealership again and ill continue to use their service dept.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Ben D.
Champion

yea definately man.. they give me 20% off just about anything i buy there.. i got my set of wheel well liners for like 40 bux and splash gaurds for like 35 which was near half off from msrp.. and always 20% off labor.. idk why some dealerships are so sheisty.

nothing beats the subaru dealer near me. my friend. well not friend "acquaintence" blew the motor on his new wrx.. the dealer said they were going to send his car to japan to be fixed.. he passed the dealership a week later and the car was just sitting on the lot.. they never touched it lol. funniest **** i've heard in a long time.

Quick Reply: Listen to this, dodge warranty fraud!