3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Listen to this, dodge warranty fraud!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 03:14 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Listen to this, dodge warranty fraud!

Bear with the long story, its worth the read and your protection...

Do i bring my truck to Warnock dodge in east hanover NJ yesterday for some issues. The mechanic calls me back today and tells me i need 4 new tires and a right rack and p/s pump. so im like ok im covered, he tells me that the administrator looked up my autoXtend warranty and it said im not covered for any of the problems that they found. im like what the ****, i said i have to be covered i have elite coverage 1-16, it says in my book all sterring components are covered. he says well im sorry its not. So i tell him to hold uip, i call my mechanic and my guy says he can do it for 1000 while warnock wanted 1300 for the steering problems. so i call back the dealer and tell him to take it off the lift and ill pick it up in the morning. so i call my mechanic back and he says to bring him my warranty info and try to figure out what the hell is goin on...this is where it gets GOOD!

So he looks in the book and sees that its all covered under warranty, the rack and pump. so he calls the guy at AutoXtend and talks to him alittle and the guy says there is already a claim OPEN! SO...the dealer had acutally already opened the claim for my truck and KNEW that it was covered FULLY! basically the dealer was telling me it wasnt covered so that id pay 1300 and then the warranty co would pay the same and theyd make 1300 bucks for themselves, basically STEALING from both of us. so before i called my mechanic i told the dealer i would talk to my mechanic, so they paniced and called me back and tried to take 10% off to get me to havew the work done by them...very fishy right!

So all in all, the dealer looked up my warranty right away and knew that my whole front end was covered but decided to lie to me and say it wasnt so theyd get paid double for the work. so im going down there bright and early tommorow and picking up my truck and refusing to pay the $100 diagnostic fee they want me to fork over, so im gonna make a stink and let em know what really happened, and if thety refuse to pay it ill put the money on the credit card and report them to the better business dept.

**** DEALERSHIPS!!! ill never go there again.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:19 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

That's why they call them Stealerships, bro!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 03:25 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by V_Scapes
Bear with the long story, its worth the read and your protection...

Do i bring my truck to Warnock dodge in east hanover NJ yesterday for some issues. The mechanic calls me back today and tells me i need 4 new tires and a right rack and p/s pump. so im like ok im covered, he tells me that the administrator looked up my autoXtend warranty and it said im not covered for any of the problems that they found. im like what the ****, i said i have to be covered i have elite coverage 1-16, it says in my book all sterring components are covered. he says well im sorry its not. So i tell him to hold uip, i call my mechanic and my guy says he can do it for 1000 while warnock wanted 1300 for the steering problems. so i call back the dealer and tell him to take it off the lift and ill pick it up in the morning. so i call my mechanic back and he says to bring him my warranty info and try to figure out what the hell is goin on...this is where it gets GOOD!

So he looks in the book and sees that its all covered under warranty, the rack and pump. so he calls the guy at AutoXtend and talks to him alittle and the guy says there is already a claim OPEN! SO...the dealer had acutally already opened the claim for my truck and KNEW that it was covered FULLY! basically the dealer was telling me it wasnt covered so that id pay 1300 and then the warranty co would pay the same and theyd make 1300 bucks for themselves, basically STEALING from both of us. so before i called my mechanic i told the dealer i would talk to my mechanic, so they paniced and called me back and tried to take 10% off to get me to havew the work done by them...very fishy right!

So all in all, the dealer looked up my warranty right away and knew that my whole front end was covered but decided to lie to me and say it wasnt so theyd get paid double for the work. so im going down there bright and early tommorow and picking up my truck and refusing to pay the $100 diagnostic fee they want me to fork over, so im gonna make a stink and let em know what really happened, and if thety refuse to pay it ill put the money on the credit card and report them to the better business dept.

**** DEALERSHIPS!!! ill never go there again.
I would get an estimate for the repairs from the dealership on paper. Then take all your info to the states attorneys office, contacting the warrenty people etc and let the state pursue this fraud. If it happened to you, how many more were before you?

Old 02-12-2009, 03:26 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

i know it's a pain in the ***, but i'm with SemiGod on this. for the betterment of others, someone has to do something. I vote you!

Old 02-12-2009, 03:33 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

WHOA! Yeah dude dont let them get away with that! Damn....

Old 02-12-2009, 04:06 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

this actually ended up being a massive misunderstanding my everyone...the warranty co called me and told me that they typed my name in for the warranty info when the truck and warranty is actually in my moms name so no warranty was actually coming up, so its just about straightened out now and ill only have to pay $50 for all the reapirs...sorry for the hype, this thread can be deleted. but everyone keep their heads up when they go to the dealer, you never know!

Old 02-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Hoss356
Captain

WTF? Screw that! Burn em anyway! We want blood! Or a least try to get some free floor mats out of the deal...

Old 02-12-2009, 04:28 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by Hoss356
WTF? Screw that! Burn em anyway! We want blood! Or a least try to get some free floor mats out of the deal...
+1 on this and Semi God, there is a reason why I am going 500+ miles out of my way to get my truck, and also why the only stealership I trust with my car is 40+ miles from me.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:39 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

i know its still fishy **** and i think they are covering their tracks pretty good, but i called em and told em to do the work anyway since its totally covered, ill never go back there again and i thought i trusted this STEALership pretty good too since its a huge dealer but **** em. ill never go back again, maybe ill driive the truck through the showroom window when they are all done!

Old 02-12-2009, 07:37 PM
dazed01
Veteran

Not all dealers are bad. Not all techs are bad lol.

Quick Reply: Listen to this, dodge warranty fraud!