3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What's your opinion of this truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:14 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by traker1001
Sweet!! Cogratulations, You won't regret it. These newer dodges are awesome.
you got that right!

Old 02-15-2009, 02:55 PM
chill99
Amateur

Originally Posted by raminator08
thats good news. where do you live because it seem like its going to be a long drive back.
what features did the truck have that made it so special?
It doesn't have anything that just makes it over the top special. But as I've been looking for vehicles, everytime I found one that seemed like a better deal, I found it was missing something I wanted - such as a tow hitch with the round plug built-in to the bumper, or tow hooks in the front, etc. No one thing in particular, but rather the combination of all things. Plus this truck just seems to be in great shape and I really like the guys I'm dealing with. This truck seems like a good starting point to fix up the way I'll want it.

LInk below is my current toys. Looking forward to upgrading the fleet. I finally have a truck with an engine almost as big as the one in my boat!

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21560698

Old 02-15-2009, 03:06 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

hey, we have a nautique ski boat too except ours is a 99 air nautique with wakeboard tower, ballasts and everything. correct craft makes some great boats

Old 02-15-2009, 03:23 PM
chill99
Amateur

Originally Posted by raminator08
hey, we have a nautique ski boat too except ours is a 99 air nautique with wakeboard tower, ballasts and everything. correct craft makes some great boats
You gotta love Correct Craft. Best quality stuff out there IMHO. Malibu is up there as well. My first Correct Craft was a 1988 Ski Nautique 2001. It was labeled as a "ski" boat and was actually the same boat used in the World Competitions. That was before wake boarding. When I bought the boat, wake boarding was just becoming popular and it turned this same boat had the best wake for wake boarding I've ever seen - kind of ironic for a "ski" boat huh? Anyway, if you compare the hulls of the 2001 models and the newer air nautiques, you'll find they are the same. Unfortunately, my current boat doesn't throw as good of a wake and I have to use fat sacks to get it there. I'll be selling it this summer and probably will switch to an air nautique.

Can't wait for summer!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:31 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by chill99
You gotta love Correct Craft. Best quality stuff out there IMHO. Malibu is up there as well. My first Correct Craft was a 1988 Ski Nautique 2001. It was labeled as a "ski" boat and was actually the same boat used in the World Competitions. That was before wake boarding. When I bought the boat, wake boarding was just becoming popular and it turned this same boat had the best wake for wake boarding I've ever seen - kind of ironic for a "ski" boat huh? Anyway, if you compare the hulls of the 2001 models and the newer air nautiques, you'll find they are the same. Unfortunately, my current boat doesn't throw as good of a wake and I have to use fat sacks to get it there. I'll be selling it this summer and probably will switch to an air nautique.

Can't wait for summer!
yeah, our hull was still used on most new models until just recently.
we looked at every single manufacturer and found this to be the best. we bought it last year for $18k which i think was a good deal. only around 200 hrs and it was owned by some rich guy who lived on the lake and kept it in a boat house.
cant wait for the summer so i can use it and im also going to be using my little V6 to tow it too

Quick Reply: What's your opinion of this truck?