3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyone have go rhino, domintor steps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:21 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone have go rhino, domintor steps?

does anyone have the go rhino dominator II or dominator III steps? i am thinking about getting the dom III steps before i put my lift on. just wondering about the fit and finish. i will be getting the polished ones.i think the III's might help grab something in the bed.

here are the III's.

http://www.gorhino.com/dominatorlll-...-sidestep.html

here are the II's.

http://www.gorhino.com/dominator-sid...-sidestep.html

Last edited by talon6; 02-23-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:41 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

That design is bad a$$! Have liked those type ever since they came out, but I already had my Westin's by then.
I had a set of Bully traditional type nerf bars on my '98 and yanked them after 2 years. They were black powder coat with black plastic steps, and the paint started literally peeling off. The final straw was I lost the passenger side step pad on the highway. Now we are talking living in south/central Georgia here, so salt weren't no issue.
Hopefully there quality has gotten better. There's no plastic on these, so you won't have that issue, and with the polished ones, you won't have the paint problem I had. If the quality is good, they will look good, very good...

Old 02-23-2009, 09:47 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

i also like them because they are different. almost everyone has the tubes. i had tubes before and they worked fine. just want something different. plus after the lift is installed, i just think they will look really sweet. more offroady(is that a word?lol)

and the polished ones are supposed to have a lifetime guarantee on the finish.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Hoss356
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have em, and I was not impressed by the mounting set up, they bolt to the pinch weld. The pinch weld seems pretty strong although when you step on them there is a little flex in the their brackets and if you have mud flaps you're going to have to trim the forward end a couple inches. If I remember right I trimmed about 1 3/4" off to clear the flaps. I also ended up buying some colormatch paint from autozone because the supplied hardware stuck out like a sore thumb against the black steps.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:44 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

hoss356, is there anyway you can get a couple close up pictures of them? how they are bolted on and such. why did the brackets look different?

i donnt have mud flaps.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:17 PM
talon6
Record Breaker

smittybilt also offers the same type of steps, but they only have them in black.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:16 PM
talon6
Record Breaker

well after searching a couple other forums, i found a couple other people with them. the only complaints they had was the black paint started chipping off after a year or so. but they sent them pics and a copy of the receipt and were sent new ones with no problems. i couldnt find anyone with the polished ones. and i also seen what you were talking about how they were mounted at the pinch bolts. the dominator ones are supposed to be good up to 450lbs.

n-fab also has the same type of steps. but donnt offer the 3 step kind in polished. and i really donnt like the wheel to wheel with out the additional 3rd step.

i hope someone with the polished ones chimes in too. kinda like to hear how the finish is lasting on them.

found the 3 step ones,polished for 559$ with free shipping. some sights wanted over 800$ plus shipping.

Last edited by talon6; 02-23-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:50 PM
sudnit5
Amateur

I have the II's and they are awesome. I just put them on the other day, so I can't speak for durability, but they are very nice.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:33 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by sudnit5
I have the II's and they are awesome. I just put them on the other day, so I can't speak for durability, but they are very nice.
polished or black? how about some pics.

i will probably just get 'em. i just love the look. and it seems like they would give a little better clearence when off road.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:39 AM
sudnit5
Amateur

They are black...I'll get some pics in a bit.

Quick Reply: anyone have go rhino, domintor steps?