3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new subwoofer enclosure installed 04 QCSB

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:33 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man the support on this forum is great. I really appreciate it man. We put my cell phone on the roof tonight, to see how long it would take for it to vibrate off. it jumped.. im extremely happy.

Im looking for some door speakers too. But the budget just isnt allowing for it right now. I actually had this project paid for at the end of last year.

Thanks again everyone...

Old 02-24-2009, 11:56 AM
BLRam_05
Amateur

here is good place to put your subwoofer amplifier. it is behind the rear seat mouted to the back wall of the cab.

Last edited by BLRam_05; 04-20-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

BL, thats pretty slick. I dont have the sectional seat, like you, but it will still work. Does your amp ever overheated with people sitting in the backseat?

I checked with the stereo guy, he hasnt posted anything online yet. hopefully he will. But the solar barics that he has arent L5's, there L7's. Maybe I can get him t give me an inventory of what he has... or easier... just post it online.. geeze. Oh... I do know that he doesnt have any head units as of right now...

Old 02-24-2009, 12:09 PM
BLRam_05
Amateur

i dont see reasons why it shouldnt still be able to work. ive never had it overheat, there is a small gap between the seat and the amp, little bit of air space.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:10 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BLRam_05
here is good place to put your subwoofer amplifier. it is behind the rear seat mouted to the back wall of the cab.

How do you fold the seat down to get back there? Did you not interlock the brackets when you put the seat back on purpose? I would think the seat would fall down if you were to hit the brakes? I want to put my amps back there as well, but then they will be back there unless I unbolt the entire seat?????

I know 04-Seven prob can unhook those mechanisms by folding the seat up 80% of the way and that will raise hid enough to allow the bars to unhook. I say this because he has his raised alot and it has got to be really close form coming unhooked????

Old 02-24-2009, 12:23 PM
BLRam_05
Amateur

all you have to do is unbolt the seat from the floor, raise it up enough to fold the back of the seat down, take the brackets that are on the wall that hold the seat back, and flip them over, mount the seat back to the floor.
all you have to do is take and lift the seat bottom up about half way, and the pull on the back of the seat and it will fold down. if the bottom of the seat is fully raised it will still hold itself against the wall and wont fall.

if you look at the second picture you can see the bracket is upside down.

its basically the same as what you are saying about 04-seven, except you are turning the brackets over, not putting risers under the seat.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:22 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

dirty, my backrest on my seat is about 2/3 out of that bracket. However, when the sold is down, it is just as solid as before. When i fold the seat up, there is a little play.

BL, thanks again for the info...

Old 02-25-2009, 10:22 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u got the list of what he has yet??

Old 04-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Matt99
Champion

Bringing up a new question for the old thread...

47, where did you find the bolts to make that seat spacer out of? are the stock ones a pretty universal pattern or not really? I need about an inch and have already done the back seat hook reversal so i think i could raise it that much

Old 04-14-2009, 11:44 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
I checked with the stereo guy, he hasnt posted anything online yet. hopefully he will. But the solar barics that he has arent L5's, there L7's. Maybe I can get him t give me an inventory of what he has... or easier... just post it online.. geeze. Oh... I do know that he doesnt have any head units as of right now...
i never got that link lol where is it?? haha

Quick Reply: new subwoofer enclosure installed 04 QCSB