3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Im pissed

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009 | 12:05 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star

Man I know how you feel a friends car got broke into at my house while we were gone to eat then another friend of mine had his brothers jeep broken into and stole about 100 bucks worth of stuff and took just the face plate to his head unit making it worthless then they tried to break into my friends car but he has a viper system and his keyfob went off and in about 30 seconds for him to get out the door they were gone but his car was fine they then went and searched the neighborhood with baseball bats beating on bushes to try and find the guy but never could hopefully it keeps them away and it made me want a security system since i will be putting a nice sound system in the truck this summer but if i found the guy who broke into my car i might break something on him and ask how does that feel maybe a curb stomp the F*ING FACE

Old 02-24-2009 | 12:16 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by The Peddler
I have even heard of people using the go home button on the gps, and then breaking into your house. That's why I did'nt set my home on my gps.
creepy...

Old 02-24-2009 | 02:26 PM
traker1001
Captain

Originally Posted by Thatonekidw/theHEMI
my gps isnt covered " b/c its not attached with a hand tool"
Sure it was, The thiefs also slashed the seats, stole the radio and, stole your superchips flashpaq or DS predator, and broke your mirrors. Thus bringing your amount of damage above the $500 deductible, getting you new heated leather power seats, A new GPS indash radio, New SC, and New heated towing mirrors.

All kidding aside though, If it wasn't attached but in your car I have found it is usually covered by renters or homeowners insurance, You may try a claim with them.

Old 02-24-2009 | 03:58 PM
Rdavenp3

Originally Posted by The Peddler
I have even heard of people using the go home button on the gps, and then breaking into your house. That's why I did'nt set my home on my gps.
I've heard about that scam too. I have an 80 pound dog at home waiting for them if someone tried it though.

With the economy as bad as it is, if it isn't chained down and guarded, it's going to end up stolen.

Old 02-24-2009 | 04:15 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

i have an automatic air soft gun LOL..obv. not as lethal as what you guys are packin but you catch a couple air soft bb's in the face or eyes at point blank...you won't be feelin too good lol

Old 02-24-2009 | 06:39 PM
Hemi.Black
Professional

Originally Posted by rssjib
Another thing concerning GPS' in your car....if you use the suction cup bracket, when you remove it, you can usually see the circle on the window where the suction cup was. Well, the thieves can see that as well, thus tipping them off that there may be a GPS in your ride. It is important to wipe that off so it is not visible. I have a friction mount so it leaves no evidence. Having your truck broke into sucks.
i have the suction cup bracket on my truck, im going to take it off now

Old 02-24-2009 | 06:54 PM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
|
Veteran

well i got it all fixed up today
got the new window in and vacuumed out the truck.
gave her a bath and put some new wipers on...trying to make it up to her =)
After all this a 2way alarm has worked its way onto the mod list...
take it from me dont leave that stuff out...im more pissed about the glass then the gps i should have just left the damn door unlocked haha and saved myself the hassle.
lesson learned i guess...

Old 02-24-2009 | 07:34 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
That is f-ing bull.$hit... i cant believe that crap. What gives that person the right to break into somebody elses stuff, and steal something that was worked hard for? that pisses me off more than anything.

man, i feel like my crap just got broke into...
Different version of spreading the wealth.

Quick Reply: Im pissed