3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Liteglow or Underglow Kit????

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:07 PM
bizznesman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liteglow or Underglow Kit????

I really want a glow kit on my truck just want to see how other people fell about them. i have heard that they are only illegal if you can see the tubes, but if you cant then there is no problem with them. I can just picture a red glow under the truck...... i think i would really like it.... plus the girls might.....

anyone on here have one and if so what type of responses do you get ???

I know most people that usually have them have big flashy rims but im planning on sticking with my stock 20s

Old 02-26-2009, 07:37 PM
megablacktank
Professional

it sounds like it would be pretty sweet right after you lower that thing. i haven't seen to many dodges running under body lights. you will have to check with your state to see about that legality stuff. personally i would do it, but i have a 4x4 and don't i could hide or protect the tubes enough to keep from breaking them. you might want to go with the led tube set up. but that is just me. good luck and hope to see pics. soon.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:17 PM
CHALLENGER426
Rookie

I got mine and i believe it is illegal, but when i do show them off people give me many compliments on them. They have multiple colors, as well as interior tubes to match. i didn't use the mounting hardware, i just used metal zip ties, in case i ever have to take them off...i'll post up some pics/vids if you want,just message me.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:29 PM
rebel61021
Veteran

I would go with the new LED light kits instead of the Neon. Here in Il they can only be on when parked, illegal to drive with them on. the set I am looking at is LED and has 4 colors and you can choose what color you want or have them chase.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:29 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

I bought the 7 color underbody LED light kit. its great especially when i get bored of one color, i just hit a button and bam, a whole new truck lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34527247@N08/3218516817/

i live in texas and i looked up the law. you can driver around with them on but the tubes cant be visible and you cant have them flashing in any colors representing emergeny vehicles like blue, red, and white.
btw: get LEDs instead of neons, they are more durable and brighter while using less energy

i get some pictures of them in red if you want later tonight

Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^+1
it is illegal to have any red or blue forward facing lights that could imatate a emergency vehicle if you can see it under the car it doesnt really matter to much but the might hasle you about it and it would look sweet underneath it i think always been a fan

Old 02-27-2009, 07:42 PM
bizznesman

I would love t if u guys that offered would post pics or videos. that would be sweet to see. in my eyes its a super cheap mod that would look great. Yah i was going to put mine on with zip ties as well.

this is the kit I have been looking at....not planning on getting it from this web site but here it is....

http://www.electotronics.com/liteglo...r-bodykit.aspx

not being able to use red kinda sucks but at least when im in park it would look real nice. what are the controls like inside? is it real easy to change the colors and if it is flashing or not? I would like to see how it reflect off the chrome nerf bars....i can imagine it now

Old 02-28-2009, 03:23 PM
CHALLENGER426
Rookie

Originally Posted by bizznesman
I would love t if u guys that offered would post pics or videos. that would be sweet to see. in my eyes its a super cheap mod that would look great. Yah i was going to put mine on with zip ties as well.

this is the kit I have been looking at....not planning on getting it from this web site but here it is....

http://www.electotronics.com/liteglo...r-bodykit.aspx

not being able to use red kinda sucks but at least when im in park it would look real nice. what are the controls like inside? is it real easy to change the colors and if it is flashing or not? I would like to see how it reflect off the chrome nerf bars....i can imagine it now
I just need to get some batteries for my camera and i'll get some pics up up...give me a day or two...

Old 02-28-2009, 11:07 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

no one saw my pics, lol

Old 03-01-2009, 11:15 AM
CHALLENGER426
Rookie

Originally Posted by raminator08
no one saw my pics, lol
I saw em, i'm getting pics tonight...

Quick Reply: Liteglow or Underglow Kit????