3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram Vs. Charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM
LinerJoe
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a '66 Mustang that I don't think I could sell. It's my baby. On the other hand, my wife would probably divorce me if I sold it too. She loves it!

It is a pain storing it, and in Indiana, it gets stored for about 4 months a year. However, there's no better feeling than cruising around in it, having people stare at it, meeting new friends, and discussing it with other people. It's just plain fun.

On the other hand, there is always something to fix / update / make better. I really need to convert to disc brakes (at least the fronts), maybe even power brakes! Unfortunately, it's low on the priority list.

I know I would regret it if I sold it. Heck, I regret selling my '06 GT, and I couldn't even put gas in it reliably!

joe

Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

yup. thats definitely a classic. in fact i dont think ive ever seen one on the road yet.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:12 PM
red06RAM
All Star

I think you gotta keep it. If you have no problem with storing it just wait until you can finish her.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:22 PM
74charger
Veteran

Yeah a hemi would be sick. Right now i have a short block 416 stroker engine, with heads will probably pull about 450-500 hp. Its just sitting in my garage. As for the hemi though if im gonna spend that much money im gonna throw a viper V10 in it. You guys are making some really good points though. 1 place did tell me they would weld the quarter panel on for about 1500 including the panel. And then just keep trying to bondo it myself. And theres a place here where you can rent paint bays for like 50$ an hour. And seeing as i just wanna paint it flat black still i could probably paint it myself and be satisfied for a while. I use to paint industrial machines so i have an idea what im doing. I still however may try selling that engine. I blew 2nd gear in the tranny when i added that blower air cleaner lol. So i could use the money to fix the tranny and then maybe even re-gear to 4.11's. The 318 in it right now is probably pushing 300 at the crank anyways with the upgrade's Ive made. Hearing your guy's stories about missing your cars/trucks is makign me think a little clearer and i think i would hate myself if i got rid of it before i fixed it up and enjoyed it for a few years.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

Keep it. My dad and I have said before that we wish he would have kept the ol cuda we had, just for a project/hobby. He sold it, because it needed alot of body work but now we both wish he still had it. In the long run, you could look back and say "man, im sure glad i never sold it" lol

Old 02-27-2009, 06:26 PM
74charger
Veteran

I just wish i didnt live in canada so i could drive it more then 4 months outta the year lol

Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

I guess my view is a bit different. You mentioned getting a new challenger in the future maybe. Style wise its still close to its "Father" and it has all the modern upgrades you would end up putting in your car now only you dont have the hassle or expense of doing it.
I would sell the car, put the money in a special account only for the goal of getting the challenger.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
lowdually

i wouldn't get rid of it. but then again i've had trucks forever, and i'm looking to get a car

Old 02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
74charger
Veteran

Originally Posted by SeMiGoD
I guess my view is a bit different. You mentioned getting a new challenger in the future maybe. Style wise its still close to its "Father" and it has all the modern upgrades you would end up putting in your car now only you dont have the hassle or expense of doing it.
I would sell the car, put the money in a special account only for the goal of getting the challenger.
Haha how if only I could save that well. That money would deff end up going to my truck or something I really dont need like a new tv or computer or something dumb lol. But you do make a good point the new challenger is alot like its father if not nicer IMO. Im also thinking like do a decent restore job and then in that 5 year time either see what a dodge dealership would give me on a trade in cus you never know they might be interested in something like that or try and sell it privately for like 7-8 grand so I could have a nice down payment on the challenger.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:39 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 74charger
Haha how if only I could save that well. That money would deff end up going to my truck or something I really dont need like a new tv or computer or something dumb lol. But you do make a good point the new challenger is alot like its father if not nicer IMO. Im also thinking like do a decent restore job and then in that 5 year time either see what a dodge dealership would give me on a trade in cus you never know they might be interested in something like that or try and sell it privately for like 7-8 grand so I could have a nice down payment on the challenger.
If ya sold it, buy a 5 year IRA so you CANT touch it. OR, the owner of the dealership where i live does like to collect older mopars. If you went that way and looked to trade, id only speak to the owner of the dealership.

Quick Reply: Ram Vs. Charger