3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The weirdest thing

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:43 PM
jm121750
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The weirdest thing

We have experienced a lot of heavy rain lately. I noticed drops of water leaking from my sun visor where it connects to the roof of the cab. All I can think of is rain is getting through via the roof lights on my 3500. Has anyone experienced this interesting phenom?

Old 02-27-2009, 11:38 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

that probably is where it's coming from. would come in through the light, roll down the head liner till it found an edge to get out of. I'll move this over to the 3rd gen ram section for you. you'll get more feedback there.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:17 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree, sound like a bad seal on one of the roof lights.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:34 AM
matty_p
Professional

I found a similar problem today. Turned to back out of the driveway and saw wet spots on the back of the back seat. Didn't think anything of it at first, but checked on it when I got to woek. Found my back window is leaking only a vary little bit. Anyone else seeing this and if so, how and how much to fix it?

Old 02-28-2009, 09:44 AM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by matty_p
I found a similar problem today. Turned to back out of the driveway and saw wet spots on the back of the back seat. Didn't think anything of it at first, but checked on it when I got to woek. Found my back window is leaking only a vary little bit. Anyone else seeing this and if so, how and how much to fix it?
supposedly the little visor that is over the top of the rear slider window tends to have a bad seal in it, many people on here have had it happen to them. I think it needs to be taken off and re siliconed to make it air tight.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:49 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by matty_p
Sure it's the window and not the brake light?

Old 03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
matty_p
Professional

I don't have a rear sliding window and I don't think its the brake light because of how far to the D/S it is. I have a buddy who installs glass, so I'm gonna see if he can fix it.

On the same lines, has anyone tried to install a power sliding rear window in a truck that didn't come with one?? If the seal is leaking and he is going to have it out, I might see if he can get the sliding one.

Here is a question for the Dodge Mechanics. Is the wiring for the power sliding rear window present in all models and just not used, or do they run a separate harness for the trucks that have it?? If the wiring is there, tying in a switch and mounting it will be an easy job.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:22 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

JM, if you are not in your 3/36, get a tube of clear silicone and go around the bases of the lights and then hit a dab on the screw holes. Should fix you right up. That's what I did when I installed mine, just to be sure I wouldn't get any leaks...

Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem a while back. When it was pouring rain for like hours I had water leaking down the driver side A Pillar and it was dripping off of the handle and it wasnt fast but its never happened sense.

Quick Reply: The weirdest thing