3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fender flair brands?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:54 PM
traker1001
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think my biggest complaint is price.You don't hardly get anything for the price.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:34 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gotcha guys. i will just get the bushwackers then. i like them anyway. i was just hoping that someone would have a different brand of the bolt on look style that i would like better.

and a little fyi. if you get what you pay for, then the egr ones should be better cause they cost more.

thanks for your help.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
rember you get what you pay for bushwacker pockets are a good choice IMO
I agree

Old 03-06-2009, 04:26 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

so, you guys with the bushwackers,did you have to do any trimming to get the flairs to fit right? i thought i read somewhere that a little trimming had to be done to make them fit perfect. i doesnt really matter, i just want to know, so i know if i need to prefit them before i send them to get painted.

Last edited by talon6; 03-06-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:09 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by talon6
so, you guys with the bushwackers,did you have to do any trimming to get the flairs to fit right? i thought i read somewhere that a little trimming had to be done to make them fit perfect. i doesnt really matter, i just want to know, so i know if i need to prefit them before i send them to get painted.
I had to do NO trimming. Just pulled them out of the box and put them. I did however have to remove the "HEMI 5.7L" badge.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:52 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

thanks nitto. going to get them on the way.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Jason D
Veteran

I have to say I am not all that impressed with the set I just got. Dont get me wrong I think that they look good but I think that the quality is on the low side.

My biggest complaint is the mounting hardware. The front flares are held on by the 3 tiny *** screws and clips that are ment to just keep the inner fender well in place. I an not sure if I dare to go through the car wash with these on the truck much less whats going to happen off road if they are to rub up against the smallest of trees or anything I think that they are just going to peal right off.

Then there are the gaps. I didnt read on here first about the possibility of having to trim them and the destructions didnt say anything about trimming them to fit properly. So I just went and put the flares together(which is about 90% of instalation). Then after I already had the rubber trim that covers the lip that is in contact with the paint on the fender instaled I go and instal them on the truck to see that there are some gaps on the front ones. The gaps are anywhere from a 1/16inch to like a 1/4inch. I am sure mud and dirt is going to get in there and scratch the crap out of the paint.

So anyway I will be calling Bushwacker on Monday to see what it is going to cost me to get another section of the rubber trim and some more hardware. Hopefully if they are at all customer freindly they will give it up for free. I think if they would have just included like 6 more of the clamp stlye clips for the front just like they did for the back ones and had instructed to prefit and possibly trim the flares to fit. I wouldnt be in any of this mess right now.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

i was watching trucks today and they took the cheap cherokee off road and at one point had the passenger front tire stuffed up into the wheel well so far that it pulled off the bushwacker flare. so they got out and looked at it and the peice it self was fine it just got tore off the jeep. but they where wheelin it pretty hard, harder then any full size pickup should be flexed at.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:47 PM
BEAR
Record Breaker

They are what they are! I haven't had any trouble with mine. I've been off road, I don't go to car washes cuz I do it myself,but I've had no trouble. Don't have gaps, didn't do any trimming, no problems.If I had it to do over it would be BUSHWHACKER again!!

Quick Reply: fender flair brands?