3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Good Year Wrangler HP's..Worst tire ever?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting. Now I just need to find something to do with the stock tires since they only have 1,000 miles on them.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:30 PM
blakeroberts88
Veteran

Would it be wise to put some good M/T or A/T tires only on the back if you have a RWD Truck?

My grandfather put some Remington Mud Brutes on the back of his Silverado since it's only RWD. He goes hunting so he needs the extra traction.

Any opinions?

Old 03-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by blakeroberts88
Would it be wise to put some good M/T or A/T tires only on the back if you have a RWD Truck?

My grandfather put some Remington Mud Brutes on the back of his Silverado since it's only RWD. He goes hunting so he needs the extra traction.

Any opinions?
I don't know how it would impact the ride (I'm sure it would have some sort of impact), but I'd think that would look weird (or hick).

Old 03-09-2009, 09:22 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

i wouldnt put different tires on the rear. especially mudders if you absolutly dont need em, they will wear too fast on pavement. ive only put a few hundred miles on my zeons but they are so awsome, i can take turns faster, dont chirp the tires anymore and dont have to worry when driving in the rain. i dont thin the wider tire is nessecary, especially for the added cost. i noticed after i put the coopers on the truck sat alittle higher off the ground due to the larger blockier tread pattern. these tires do alot for the truck.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Depends on what you're going to be using your truck for. The extra 1.2" between a 305 & a 275 make a huge difference for me.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:55 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

what do you use your truck for

Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

I need the truck to pull the boat up the ramp with ease. With wet pavement, up a hill and the boat it either spins the tires (traction off) or it keeps cutting power and I don't make much progress (traction on). Wider (& better) tires seem to solve that.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Ben D.
Champion

just a tad over 12k on mine and I can't really complain... I havn't had any failures unless you count a nail going into one of them. Not saying i'm sticking with them I'm going wider and taller with my next set but so far I can't say bad things about the HP's

Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran

go with the 305's
if your gonna spend around 800 on tires why not just spend a hundred or two more and go as big as you can with the stock height and rim.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Thatonekidw/theHEMI
go with the 305's
if your gonna spend around 800 on tires why not just spend a hundred or two more and go as big as you can with the stock height and rim.
So i see you have some Coopers in the 305 width... and I see them as available on Cooper's website... but I can't find them anywhere. Discounttire.com doesn't have them in that size. I even called a Discount and they said they couldn't get them. I then proceeded to call 5 tire places listed on Cooper's website and nobody saw them in their system. Do they no longer exist?

Quick Reply: Good Year Wrangler HP's..Worst tire ever?