3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quad cab rear speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Heavy_Sack
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have a head unit on order and want to change the speakers in the doors of my 06 QC. How hard is it pull the door panels? Any good photos out there of what all needs to be done.

Are there clips or just the screws?

Thanks...

Old 03-13-2009, 07:38 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Heavy_Sack
I currently have a head unit on order and want to change the speakers in the doors of my 06 QC. How hard is it pull the door panels? Any good photos out there of what all needs to be done.

Are there clips or just the screws?

Thanks...
On the front panels you get the big screw in the top front corner by the mirris and another one in the center of the panel. I think there are two smaller ones at the very bottom of the front panels and there is a small bolt behind the door panel. Sorry I dont remember what size it is.

As for the rear panels, its just the bolt behind the door handle and two screws at the bottom of the panel i think. Then just lift all of the up and out and be sure to disconnect the wiring harnesses.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Blaze132
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
On the front panels you get the big screw in the top front corner by the mirris and another one in the center of the panel. I think there are two smaller ones at the very bottom of the front panels and there is a small bolt behind the door panel. Sorry I dont remember what size it is.

As for the rear panels, its just the bolt behind the door handle and two screws at the bottom of the panel i think. Then just lift all of the up and out and be sure to disconnect the wiring harnesses.
So I have the infinity system but there are no speakers in the rear but the wiring is there. Can I hook right in to the wiring and be all set?

Old 09-17-2014, 11:39 PM
CopenghagenHemi22
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blaze132
So I have the infinity system but there are no speakers in the rear but the wiring is there. Can I hook right in to the wiring and be all set?
If the wires are still ran to the HU then yes you should be able to plug in play. But I wouldn't be so sure if the speakers are gone. I'd look into a little more.

Quick Reply: Quad cab rear speakers