3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08' 1500 BHE 4x4 QC BLK, NEW!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:13 PM
EKUSMC
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08' 1500 BHE 4x4 QC BLK, NEW!

Just checking in, Decided to talk to the experts on some other mods I have planned. Only 3k miles on it and absoluty flawless! Nice Hemi and some extras. K&N, Fuel Chip, Gibson exaust duel out the back, Throttle body spacer, thats it. I need a leveling kit for the front, but I'm wondering if it will fit 35's, if so is it a stuffed look or nice and clean. If not I'll just get a lift, 4'' front, 2 1/2'' back with 35's? I also have alot of other questions, so I'll save that for the right spot. I'm 29, married for 7 yrs, 2 1/2 yr boy, Heavy Equipment Operator, did 4 years in the Marine Corps, E-5 SGT., 2 Tours in Iraq and a West Pack with the 15th MEU. Thanks

Old 03-15-2009, 09:48 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

hey there. Welcome to DF!
before i say anything else, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

now on to the truck. what fuel chip are you talking about?? is it a Jet chip? if yes, throw that crap out and get yourself a superchips flashpaq (you'll understand why as soon as you program it). also pull out that throttle body spacer and use it as a paperweight so you actually get some use out of it. or give it to your boy and he'll use it as a stargate for his toys.

35's will fit with just a level, but if you off-road, it's not a good move. you won't have enough suspension travel to fully utilize the truck. if it's just for looks, well it looks good. you'll want a little more to actually use your truck and have 35s. go check out HammerZ71's album. he has pics of a 4" suspension lift with 35s. real clean truck, and he off roads it pretty rough.

I'm going to move this to 3rd gen ram for you.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man, welcome to the forum. If I was you I would go for the lift and the 35's. Also, when you get a chance post up some pics of your truck.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:47 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome aboard.
I agree with xfeejayx, except for the tuner. I would go with the Diablosport Predator. I love mine!!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:53 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Hey man, welcome to the forum. If I was you I would go for the lift and the 35's. Also, when you get a chance post up some pics of your truck.
welcome. sounds like you got a good truck there
i agree, definitely get those 35's and a lift. maybe black out your truck too
post some pics and dont forget to join the black truck club

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/groups/...ruck-club.html

Last edited by raminator08; 03-15-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:15 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR welcome to forum.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:08 AM
EKUSMC
Amateur

Thanks fellas, and I did post this question in the 3rd gen sec. I havent checked there yet but I was tlking to Hammerz71 about it. Wheeled all my life, so this is my first family rig, all the rest have been trail rigs for rock, mud, trails. I defintaly have to have this thing lifted but might take a little bit. I'm worried with 35's that it will be a slug with the stock 3.92 gears. 4.10 are not much lower but are ideal for 35's and daily driver. 4.56's would be better but you lose low rpms on the hwy, so I'll have to talk to you guys who run 35's and 3.92's, 4.10's and 4.56's. I really would like 37's but I know these axle shafts and cv's are not strong enough so I'll stick with 35's. I will wheel this truck so if 35's are stuffed with the level kit, then I wont do it. I hate body lifts so I might just do a budget mod for now with a level kit, and wait for the lift, tires and gears. I'll have to research what lifts you guys like, again I have my faves but dont know about this truck. I have to get used to this independent front end too. I wish I could afford a straight axle conv. The 2500's were out of my price range and I hate the high registration fee every year. Thanks again and I look forward to learning.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:17 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

With 35's and the 5th gear, 4.56's will be about the same as it is now. Maybe only a couple hundred more rpm on the highway.
Everyone who has gone 4.56, has been totally pleased with the results.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:32 AM
EKUSMC
Amateur

Good, thanks for the info. I'll have to see how much they are. Plus it will be real hard for me to put gears in and not lockers, but this isnt going to be a hard wheelin rig, but I live outdoors so it will do some. Here's the link to my Trail Rig, 04' Land Rover D2, you'll have to schroll around to find the finished pics and wheelin pics, I haven't organized it yet.

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp52/ek5usmc/

Old 03-16-2009, 12:00 PM
EKUSMC
Amateur

Here are some pics. Tha only thing I dont like about these Dodges is the interior! It's got the worst interior out of all. The best is the F150 FX4, next is Tundra, then Chevy. I looked at all these but I have always heard that the Hemi is the best motor out. The tundra has more horse power/torqe and insides are way nicer, more room, tow more, but haven't been proven yet. F150 has a proven 5.4 Triton but way under powered, same room, best interior, Chevy, good power, decent interior, Best MPG, but a little to expensive. I have always loved Dodge and there looks, I just wish this black was SOLID Black and not all the 13 different color stuff! It's sparkly and I didnt notice it until I went to take these pics. This thing does shut 4 cyl down when you dont need them but doesnt seem to get alot better gas mil. What are you guys getting out of yours with this option! Oh, and how come no rear locker option? Oh well.

Last edited by EKUSMC; 08-27-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Quick Reply: 08' 1500 BHE 4x4 QC BLK, NEW!