3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

diablosport

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:23 PM
bloodySUNDAY134
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diablosport

ok, my question is this. i have uploaded both the 87oct and 93oct performance tunes on my rig and have gone through a tank of gas with each one. i'm having a slight problem, when i come to stop or start from a stop, like when i'm just creeping, my rig seems to hesitate a bit and then it surges as if the fuel has been pooling and building up and then it's just shooting through in one big burst. is this common? should i get some fuel injector cleaner to clean out my injector? also, when i upload a performance tune, does it automatically shut off my mds or do i need a separate program for that?

Old 03-21-2009, 12:28 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine has not had that issue with any of the tunes. I use a bottle of injector cleaner every 3K at each oil change.

To turn of the MDS, pull up performance tunes and pick the one that you want, say 93 octane. Then after it runs thru it's check, it will say install tune and modify tune. Click modify tune. Then scroll down to MDS and you can turn it off there.
Once you load in the MDS off, it will stay off even if you switch to 87 or 91 octane tunes. It will come back on if you either turn it back on manually, or if you restore the stock tune.
I found that any of the modifications made to a performance tune, carries over to the other two performance tunes without having to reload them, unless you go back to the stock tune.
I get the best mileage running 93 octane with MDS on. On a fairly level highway, I average about 22.3 mpg @ 65mph.
On average mixed driving, I get about 17.8.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:16 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait to get mine......

Quick Reply: diablosport