3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Semi took out my mirror!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a cdl....he prob didnt even know he did any damage to you. he just thought u were another pissed off "4 wheeler" as they would call ya. and yes, he could have nodded off tryin to push the books just to make a buck cause thats what its come down to for alot out there. i only drive locally, dont like the long haul stuff. but yep, greaaaat time for tow mirrors...i wish i could justify them right now...

Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

That's pretty bad. but yea, plates mean nothing unless they are off the tractor. having trailer plate numbers are meaningless unless you get lucky. tractor plates will get you spot on for a driver. and i agree you shoulda stayed on the phone and followed him untill police showed up.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I agree with you Bwhite I have a lot of respect for truckers but when they do dumb **** like this I just see red. One night at like 1 am me and a friend were driving home from a co workers he in his chevy trailblazer me in my ram. Two trucks merged onto the highway in front of us blocked both lanes and slowed down from 75 to 45 and not allowing anyone to pass all the while with both drivers flicking us off. Soon the highway opened up into four lanes so it was pay back time. We flew by both of them and slowed down to about 15 miles an hour for about a mile. every time they'd try to gain on us we'd just speed right back up. Funniest **** i've ever seen.

I also one day before I had my truck I had a jeep wrangler and was going down the highway and the driver did pretty much the same thing to me but I was able to get out of his way and avoid damage. I got his trailer number and the number of the trucking company on the truck when I got to pull even with him later. I don't know what they did with that guy but I called them and flipped the **** out.

I hope all goes well and I'm glad you were not injured man

Old 03-21-2009, 10:58 AM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies guys, it's really just a bummer.....

To add insult to injury, I was driving to work today (60 mile trip) and what was left of my mirror started shaking pretty bad, about 30 seconds later it flew off it's post, and started dangling by the power wires and beating against the door... By the time I got slowed down and pulled over, it had put some very fine scratches in my door... ugh....

I also found out that I need that mirror back on my truck ASAP... Been driving for 14 years now, I've gotten used to keeping an eye on traffic with ALL my mirrors, take one out of the picture and it just throws me all off... I did almost change lanes into someone last night, so I went ahead and ordered my mirrors last night, hopefully shipping won't take forever...

Old 03-21-2009, 11:03 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

holy crap, glad you're okay. for sure get tow mirrors, they'll give you more of a warning the next time.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:30 AM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing you are okay.

Even if/when they pull him over, it is his story versus yours. He can just say he didn't see or do anything wrong.

I wish you luck though.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:33 AM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by bwhite757
Well first let me start by saying that I am in no way disrespecting the hard working truckers out there.

However this a$$hole should have his license revoked!!!

I was driving down the interstate today in the left hand lane, overtaking a semi. The driver got distracted by something and came over into my lane, taking out my passenger side mirror and running me off the road. The trucker veered back into his lane and kept on going.... I got back on the interstate and took off after him, flashing my headlights and honking my horn, he acknowledged by giving me the finger and kept driving. I jotted down his tag number and pulled off the intestate and gave my report.....
*flashes back to her accident*

I'm glad you weren't hurt worse...
Cause trust me - it ain't fun...

(after we tried to open the door and pulled the denting out some in the process)

Me 7 days post op back surgery...
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...C00023-001.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...C00038-001.jpg

and 8 weeks post op...

So much for bikinis anymore...

--Cow-Chick--

Old 03-21-2009, 11:34 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

As a trucker myself, i consider myself to be curtious and safe. I run across ALOT of unprofessional drivers that have no business being in an 18 wheeler. Sorry for your loss, (mirror), and glad you're ok. It by far could have been worse.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:16 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

Damn!!! I myself swerve my tractor every now and then, but not enough to run someone off the road. Hope you got the tractor plates. The best info is to get the company and truck number. Since drivers have to fill out what truck was driven in their log books.

Quick Reply: Semi took out my mirror!!!