3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wanna whoop them chipped diesles!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009 | 09:59 PM
HemiNow?
|
Rookie
Default Wanna whoop them chipped diesles!

I have a 08 2500 with the hemi and am tired of these diesls blowin that black smoke in my face!! I have a K&N cold air intake, Superchips programer, and flowmaster 50 series exuast. What should be my next upgrades to make my truck go faster? I also pull a 30 foot camper and travel alot of highway miles across the country so i cant put like 4.10 gears or any thing crazy. Im bout to do a tune up and was wondering if anybody has bought them MDS coil packs? Was also wondering if anybody uses any of these new crazy spark plugs they got out. Thanks for any help!

Old 03-27-2009 | 10:06 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

To get some more power, rather than just a muffler, you could redo all the exhaust, get a better y-pipe, and some better flowing mufflers. The Flowmasters will lose some power for you, however I personally love the sound of them.
As far as the MSD coils, I've asked about that before, but I really didn't get a straight answer on them. I'd like to add them to my truck also, or find out if they will add any power.

Old 03-27-2009 | 10:10 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

I don't think a hemi is going to outrun a chipped diesel without some serious cash invested. A CTD is putting down more power than a hemi stock, and some of those chips add crazy amounts of power. A good engine build up and a STS turbo kit ought to do it.

Old 03-27-2009 | 10:12 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Pyro
I don't think a hemi is going to outrun a chipped diesel without some serious cash invested. A CTD is putting down more power than a hemi stock, and some of those chips add crazy amounts of power. A good engine build up and a STS turbo kit ought to do it.
Or a supercharger.
But yea, those diesels are hard to beat. Especially with the right additions, you'd think that some of them weren't jacked up 4x4 4-door several ton diesel trucks.

Old 03-27-2009 | 10:45 PM
HemiNow?
|
Rookie

Heres a link to a supercharger but can is that ok for a every day drivin truck? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 03-27-2009 | 10:48 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

You can put a supercharger on a daily driver, just keep up with the maintenance and you'll be fine. Although if you're lookin' to make your truck haul ***, you can't beat KRC performance. When it comes to moddin' it's always "how fast you want to spend?"

Old 03-27-2009 | 10:49 PM
Rebeltilldeath3
Professional

Coil packs will not add power, they only have the ability to support more power so to speak.

Also, MSD is junk. Don't waste your money. Once upon a time they were top of the line, but not anymore.

Old 03-27-2009 | 11:07 PM
Quig19
Rookie

The only way to keep up with us diesels is to buy one... By the time you have wasted ur money in trying to keep up with us.... We will still B a truck length or two ahead... Nothin beats the raw power of a turbo diesel.....

Old 03-27-2009 | 11:09 PM
Alpheus
Banned

I hate stacks like this, but it makes a point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZY8Kb9br_c

Old 03-27-2009 | 11:14 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

Yeps thats a diesel.. No hemi with some pop on performance parts is gonna tackel a chipped cummins. My buddy has the bully dog and at lvl 4 tune he puts out 130 xtra hp not to mention the torque is crazy... Not gonna touch that.

Quick Reply: Wanna whoop them chipped diesles!