3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4:10 vs 4:56

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009 | 08:47 AM
philipb
|
Rookie

btw 4:56 it is. ill call the shop asap to have them ordered andget a date to install. i appreciate all the mature and friendly responses.

Old 03-31-2009 | 09:25 AM
Alpheus
Banned

Originally Posted by philipb
btw 4:56 it is. ill call the shop asap to have them ordered andget a date to install. i appreciate all the mature and friendly responses.
You probably have never had an original thought in your whole life have you? The fact that you used my own phrase against me proves it. You have been copying what everyone one else around is doing as far back as you can remember. You had your mommy buy you a Civic the very next day after you watched The Fast and The Furious didn't you? (or was it an Eclipse?) You sound just like a ricer to me. Standing around with your little 4 banger talking how your car can do 10's in the 1/4 mile and how your new Ice Man CAI will add 50HP as soon as you get the shop to install it for you because you don't have an iota of mechanical ability. Ya, you are a RICER...

Next time why don't you try and use the SEARCH function at the top instead of wasting everyone else s time and ask a question that has been answered 1000 times before. And thanks for letting us all know that you will call that shop ASAP to show us how big and powerful you are, and you have so much money that you can do that ASAP.(Cake Boy) Further more try and do the simple math problem yourself to find out the difference between 4:56 and 4:11 gears. Believe it or not its pretty simple, for some people...

Last edited by Alpheus; 03-31-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-31-2009 | 11:18 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by Alpheus
You probably have never had an original thought in your whole life have you? The fact that you used my own phrase against me proves it. You have been copying what everyone one else around is doing as far back as you can remember. You had your mommy buy you a Civic the very next day after you watched The Fast and The Furious didn't you? (or was it an Eclipse?) You sound just like a ricer to me. Standing around with your little 4 banger talking how your car can do 10's in the 1/4 mile and how your new Ice Man CAI will add 50HP as soon as you get the shop to install it for you because you don't have an iota of mechanical ability. Ya, you are a RICER...

Next time why don't you try and use the SEARCH function at the top instead of wasting everyone else s time and ask a question that has been answered 1000 times before. And thanks for letting us all know that you will call that shop ASAP to show us how big and powerful you are, and you have so much money that you can do that ASAP.(Cake Boy) Further more try and do the simple math problem yourself to find out the difference between 4:56 and 4:11 gears. Believe it or not its pretty simple, for some people...

Damn Alphie, somebody **** in your cornflakes this morining?

We don't allow bi*ching about recurring posts here until you've answered the same question at least 500 times.
Since your post count isn't even that high, you can't possibly have done it.
Wait till you see your frustration level when you've been answering the same questions over and over for almost 7000 posts...

Old 03-31-2009 | 01:47 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Good answer Hammer. Sometimes the search feature gets you some posts, but not answers to specific questions.

Go for the 4.56s. I thought about 4.10s as well, but I am going with 4.56 - what tha hell....why not?!? LOL

Alphie has a point - I would not be too worried about gas mileage. Trucks are not the answer for that. Heck, my truck has 3.21 gears, so I cannot wait to get some new gears. I do get pretty good mileage now, but to heck with that!

Old 03-31-2009 | 06:31 PM
philipb
|
Rookie

fyi alpheus, this is only my third gas vehicle, ive been a diesel head all my life. yup thats right i was probably one of the diesels that smoked you. ricer? thats the lowest of the low and you know. talk about my wife, my kids, even my mom but you dont call me a ricer. like i said you were mad about something and it looks like it must be the money part and the fact that i can just go and get a set gears put in both axles. cake boy? up yours needle d!ck. why cant you be like the rest of the guys in this fine forum keep your negative, childish, immature comments to yourself. im asking politely and once again I DID APOLOGIZE OFF THE BAT FOR THE COMMON QUESTION. take note from hammer and rssjib about patience. thank you guys for putting up with my stupid question and i apologize to you for trying to learn even though i admit i should hve used the search function. at least if i would have done that i wouldnt have met alpheus and wasted my time arguing with a broke and mad about it, i got a small one idiot. you guys are awesome and i hope i can ask you more questions in the future.

Old 03-31-2009 | 08:07 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rssjib
Good answer Hammer. Sometimes the search feature gets you some posts, but not answers to specific questions.

Go for the 4.56s. I thought about 4.10s as well, but I am going with 4.56 - what tha hell....why not?!? LOL

Alphie has a point - I would not be too worried about gas mileage. Trucks are not the answer for that. Heck, my truck has 3.21 gears, so I cannot wait to get some new gears. I do get pretty good mileage now, but to heck with that!
wait, the stock gears are only 3:21? i thought i remember seeing the base gears as 3:55. did they change anything for the 08s? that might explain a lot

btw, on the subject of ricers, i dont think those cars on The Fast and the Furious can be considered ricers but these can
http://cse.unl.edu/~bkell/ricer.jpg
http://tg3031.k12.sd.us/ricer-17803.jpg
excellent way to recycle old cardboard

Old 03-31-2009 | 08:11 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

raminator...stock gears are 3:55 or 3:92 check in your glove box it will tell you what you have

Old 03-31-2009 | 08:15 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
raminator...stock gears are 3:55 or 3:92 check in your glove box it will tell you what you have

I think the V6 is available with 3.21 or 3.23. Maybe SXT 4.7 as well. I'll check Dodge website.

Old 03-31-2009 | 08:18 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

I can't wait to get 4 56's.

johnny.

Old 03-31-2009 | 08:48 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
what exactly am i looking for?

Quick Reply: 4:10 vs 4:56