3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Fender trim question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:18 AM
sebbles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender trim question

Hi guys,

Please pardon my ignorance but I need a bit of help here. I managed to scrape up the chrome fender trim on a friend's 2003 Cummins and I need to find a replacement piece.

The truck was bought new with the trim already installed. I checked the Chrysler/Mopar accessories website and the only one I could see was a black plastic trim.

Does anyone know if this trim is an OEM accessory or if the dealer installed it as a non-Chrysler/aftermarket accessory?

I was hoping someone would know who makes it so I can obtain a replacement piece. Hopefully I don't have to buy a set of four, surely I can't be the only one who has scraped up only one

FYI, it is the full trim around the wheel arch that goes right down to the bottom of the fender, not just across the top of the wheel.

Thanks for your help.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:23 AM
BEAR
Record Breaker

Have you checked E-bay? Or maybe SILVERBULLET can check CL for you If it's on there he will find it LOL!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:33 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

if its a buddy of yours he should just say screw it and you should drink beers together and laugh about it...............its a truck they are susposed to have scratches...lol

Old 03-31-2009, 10:04 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

never seen just one piece for sale, but the Putco set I purchased were not expensive at all. When the '06 hit the market in late '05, they moved the Hemi logo, making the '03 & '04 set with the "notch" for the logo obsolete. I caught my set on "clearance" then for something like $79.95...

Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 PM
sebbles

I saw the Putco set, decent price but I wonder how well it would match the others - was why I was wondering if it is an OEM accessory or a dealer-installed aftermarket piece.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:03 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
if its a buddy of yours he should just say screw it and you should drink beers together and laugh about it...............its a truck they are susposed to have scratches...lol

No, no they aren't. Not mine anyways. I haven't got 1 scratch or nick yet. It's been over a year. I am that guy that parks on the other side of the parking lot.
There's no leaning against the paint. No reaching over the side of the bed to put or take things in/out. that's what the tailgate is for! There's no tapping your hand against the paint when you have your arm hanging out the window and listening to a good tune...lol There's no setting things on the paint. I hate when people think that the top of the car is for their overloaded hands or the trunk lid is a shelf? Uhh, no. You set them on the ground to find your keys. There's no writing my Vin number on your piece of paper while that pen tip scores my clear coat(service writers) Ohh, last but not least.... You'd better make sure your shoes are clean before you get in my vehicle. I'd beat your *** sensless if you got even 1 spec of dirt on my interior....lmao

But seriously.... I am that bad. Those are true factual statements that I have made before. Does me thinking that there is nothing wrong with that seem crazy or the fact I publish this for the public seem crazy??? I think both..aaahahahahaa

Those Fender flares you speak of.....Are sold in SETS ONLY. Sounds like you'd better call a junkyard or check Egay.

Last edited by dirtydog; 04-01-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:14 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dirtydog
No, no they aren't. Not mine anyways. I haven't got 1 scratch or nick yet. It's been over a year. I am that guy that parks on the other side of the parking lot.
There's no leaning against the paint. No reaching over the side of the bed to put or take things in/out. that's what the tailgate is for! There's no tapping your hand against the paint when you have your arm hanging out the window and listening to a good tune...lol There's no setting things on the paint. I hate when people think that the top of the car is for their overloaded hands or the trunk lid is a shelf? Uhh, no. You set them on the ground to find your keys. There's no writing my Vin number on your piece of paper while that pen tip scores my clear coat(service writers) Ohh, last but not least.... You'd better make sure your shoes are clean before you get in my vehicle. I'd beat your *** sensless if you got even 1 spec of dirt on my interior....lmao

But seriously.... I am that bad. Those are true factual statements that I have made before. Does me thinking that there is nothing wrong with that seem crazy or the fact I publish this for the public seem crazy??? I think both..aaahahahahaa

Those Fender flares you speak of.....Are sold in SETS ONLY. Sounds like you'd better call a junkyard or check Egay.
lol, when you sell that truck, that is going to be one lucky buyer. they are going to get a truck in pristine condition

i guess you could always ask your friend how much to call it even and pay him off
also, i think there should be a way to remove scratches. you could try to buff it out although im not sure that will work

i

Old 04-01-2009, 12:25 AM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno if this helps.. I think its a set but its worth a try..

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/full.aspx?page=75

Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Im an the same way with mine. And when park somewhere I intentionally take up 2 or 4 spaces depending on where I park. But I do park out in the back of the lots out of respect for those lazy ppl who wanna park right by the door.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

LOL and here i thought i was alone in this. My ol lady HATES riding with me cuz im always yelling at her, "keep your damn feet on the rubber mats", "brush your damn shoes off before getting in" etc

Quick Reply: Fender trim question