3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

h.i.d. lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
X2......

You CANT say that CANNOT be used because they CAN be used. I also have never had anyone flash me except ONE car and that was because it was a dropped cadillac. Well obviously if he is that low and I am riding on 20/22s then no matter what I do my lights will be in his eyes. Alot of the guys who DO get flashed are only because they removed thier headlights to put the bulbs in and they are not set correctly when they put them back in. I went under my truck and put in my bulbs so they never got removed and thus did not need to be reset and adjusted. Now while I agree projectors may look cool and give a more focused "projection" of light, if your headlights are adjusted correctly, you should not have any issues.

And turning on 100watt Hellas to blind someone who is blinding you only makes two blind people on the road driving towards each other and a dangerous situation.
Ohh, but it's okay for you to run HID's and blind others? ***

Old 04-07-2009, 05:13 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dirtydog is layin it down..

Old 04-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Rizzo20
Rookie

Originally Posted by 02Steve1990
dirtydog is layin it down..

If you would call insulting people "layin' it down" then yea I guess he is.... I'm not really familiar with the members around here so I'm sure no one cares what I think. As someone who doesn't check in here much, I get a bad taste in my mouth reading posts like dirtydogs. Correcting someone when you beleive they're wrong is one thing, but going out of your way to insult people to prove that someone is wrong is pretty lame.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Matt99
Champion

Not to start an argument but the bulb is a few inches behind the end of the round housing for my lights. A rectangular housing refracts a third (depending on the dementions) of the light in a upward direction...but ours are ROUND. There is also a coated wire running down the HID bulb. The bulb being so skinny, having about 1/10 of it covered by this wire, and the bulb being so far behind the edge of the housing really takes care of the huge refraction of light. I, once again, get flashed less since I replaced my silverstars with HIDs.

Halogen bulbs can be used in a projector, and stock cars use HIDs without projectors. The projector lense is not directly correlated with the HID bulb? Look at last model Navigator/Escalade/G35 (my wifes car) none have projectors but do have HIDs

I know that everyone WITHOUT the HID kits gripe about them but they really arnt such a problem if you prep them right. Lower your housing a bit, blue wire up, always have a clean headlight.

Projectors make HID and Halogen both look cool and go farther, but HIDs and Projectors arn't a sole companionship. Our housing works fine with them.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:15 PM
pythonbunny
Professional

I have had 6k hid headlights and 3k fogs for over a year and a half in stock housings and not once have i been pulled over or flashed!! Plus i even passed NYS inspection.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:22 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rizzo20
If you would call insulting people "layin' it down" then yea I guess he is.... I'm not really familiar with the members around here so I'm sure no one cares what I think. As someone who doesn't check in here much, I get a bad taste in my mouth reading posts like dirtydogs. Correcting someone when you beleive they're wrong is one thing, but going out of your way to insult people to prove that someone is wrong is pretty lame.
Agreed, go back and read what he put in post 11 and it is purely idotic. He is condoning blinding people pn the road because they are blinding him. For those that simply MAN NOT realize how bright or mis-adjusted thier lights are, he is INTENTIONALL causing a possible bad situation worse.

Like I said, if he is blinded and he intentionaly blind the offending driver then you have two blinded drivers and God forbid if thier actions bother other drivers and put them, thier children and property in danger. As we ALL have been taught, two wrongs DO NOT make a right.

Originally Posted by pythonbunny
I have had 6k hid headlights and 3k fogs for over a year and a half in stock housings and not once have i been pulled over or flashed!! Plus i even passed NYS inspection.
Thank you for this valid point. I myself have never been flashed or pulled over either.

But understand this. Do I think HIDs can be blinding? Yes. If they are not adjusted correctly.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Toefur
Professional

Originally Posted by Rizzo20
I get a bad taste in my mouth reading posts like dirtydogs. Correcting someone when you beleive they're wrong is one thing, but going out of your way to insult people to prove that someone is wrong is pretty lame.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Old 04-07-2009, 07:29 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

And Dirty do not call people names. It is immature and rude and plain out ignorant. I have read your posts on many threads and although you like to try to explain things thoroughly, you simply cannot be right ALL the time. No one is. I went to school and did a dual BS in Mathematics and Engineering with a Minor in Computer Science. Im not a damn shady tree mechanic who claims to know everything all the time or even half the time. But one thing you do not see me do is call other people out, swear to know everything (by posting semi-thesis papers) all the time and continually make myself look bad. If I am wrong then I am wrong and I can admit that. But I wont go to call other people, who are here to help others and share information, names.

Lets stick to sharing info and being nice.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:00 PM
bigpappaholt
Veteran

HIDs ROCK!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
shoedork
Professional

I also have 6000k in my stock headlites and fogs, never been flashed nor pulled over. I was going to angle them down but they really don't scatter as bad as i thought they would, does the rake of the trucks stance have something to do with it? the *** of the truck is 2 inches higher than the front. I am sure if i leveled the front up it would be a bit blinding to drivers in front of me

Quick Reply: h.i.d. lights