3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dual Exhaust Help: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Tworattle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Exhaust Help: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Hey guys new to the forums here and wanted to get some opinions. I apologize beforehand for my lengthy questions. I numbered them for ease of answering lol.

1. I have been considering an exhaust system for my truck, what do you recommend? Cat-Back or True-Dual? I have been leaning toward true dueling and running and X-Pipe and setting up two separate mufflers after that. I may come off as a noob here but after examining my exhaust it looks like there are three mufflers??? One after the Y-pipe, the big suitcase in the middle, and one over the real axle? From what I can tell there are two Cats coming of the the Headers? Please inform me if I'm wrong. But if I'm right could I run duals right off off of them and true dual it from there? Also what would be the benifit in quality of the exhaust note and gas milage. If it helps I prefer a deep exhaust tone that doesn't pop when you rev it high.

2. I have also been looking at C.A.I's and the AFE High Breather has caught my attention. If you can recommend any others that work great on my truck that would be awesome. Also what affect would a new throttle body spacer have along with the C.A.I? '

If it matters at All I live in FL incase you need to consider state restrictions

Old 04-14-2009, 10:19 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

True duals would be the best, www.exhaustdepot.com they have pics and vids and also sell a bolt on true dual exhaust system

The Hemi hat is the most restrictive part of the intake system, replacing it with an Airraid intake tube and adding an aftermarket drop-in filter will give you the best bang for your $

As far as a TB spacers goes, they are worthless, dont buy one, ask anybody; they are junk

Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 PM
sharkhunter10
Captain

True duals will void your warranty!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:17 PM
rizno

DUALS WILL VOID WARRANTY BUT IVE SEEN A GIBSON DUAL EXHAUST SYSTEM (MUFFLER, PIPES, AND TIPS) U CAN BUY FOR $300 TO $400, THAT WILL NOT EFFECT WARRANTY. OTHERWISE CALL THE DEALERSHIP. IM INVESTING IN A DUAL EXHAUST BUT IM GOING TO WAIT TILL MY WARRANTY EXPIRES.

Try to Dodge death!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:29 PM
sharkhunter10
Captain

Originally Posted by rizno
DUALS WILL VOID WARRANTY BUT IVE SEEN A GIBSON DUAL EXHAUST SYSTEM (MUFFLER, PIPES, AND TIPS) U CAN BUY FOR $300 TO $400, THAT WILL NOT EFFECT WARRANTY. OTHERWISE CALL THE DEALERSHIP. IM INVESTING IN A DUAL EXHAUST BUT IM GOING TO WAIT TILL MY WARRANTY EXPIRES.
1^agree

Old 04-15-2009, 12:26 AM
AK Rover
Rookie

I have run Gibson cat-back systems on trucks in the past and highly recommend them. I ran Gibson's Extreme Dual on my 2001 2500 Cummins and it sounded awesome. The Dual Sport also sounded really good.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NO ..true Duals will not void your warenty if the orginal 02 sensors( I think thiers 4 ) are not changed.

On my 06 2500 hemi reg cab 4x4 I had the Y pipe cut out and ran two ex pipes into two muflers.

Thier was a 02 sensor ( right hand side ) in the y pipe that would not come out and the mufler shop had to tap in a new one.

What gets strange is I have seen othier 06 Rams that had the same 02 sensor past the Y pipe.

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust Help: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500