3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

For sale ads in this section.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009 | 03:13 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Im going to get roasted for this I know, but I go here for the technical advice, and social aspect. But when I comes to buying used gear, I have a membership elsewhere, granted I only have like 10 post on that SN, but still, this site has never appealed to me to be a selling site. yet...

Old 04-16-2009 | 03:32 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I guess I can create a sub-section within Classifieds for Truck Specific Parts, but as far as maintaining it, my plate is VERY full. Maybe a volunteer to maintain it? I don't know if I can sell appointing another MODERATOR to the other admins, possibly expanding XFeejayX and give him powers to that section if he's up to it, IDK. But if you guys think it's a viable solution, sound off here, give me some ammo to take to them...

Old 04-16-2009 | 03:40 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I gotta be honest with ya. I never go over there myself, but then again I have never bought anything used for my truck.

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Nothing like going through the FS section and people posting Mirrors for sale(being very vague) and opening it up to find out they are for a neon. WTF?
So which one is it? If you never go over there then why are you bitching about opening threads with neon mirrors for sale? You just contradicted yourself.

Old 04-16-2009 | 03:43 PM
dirtydog
|
Moderate User

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I guess I can create a sub-section within Classifieds for Truck Specific Parts, but as far as maintaining it, my plate is VERY full. Maybe a volunteer to maintain it? I don't know if I can sell appointing another MODERATOR to the other admins, possibly expanding XFeejayX and give him powers to that section if he's up to it, IDK. But if you guys think it's a viable solution, sound off here, give me some ammo to take to them...
Anything to relieve the discussion part of F/S and wanted ads. That's ofcourse Feej is up to it or maube the help of another?

I just see it as an ongoing problem. Besides, I may be up to buying used stuff for my truck if it was easier for me to find the stuff. I hate sorting out all the other car models in the currect section. It's too much of a pain and I'll go elsewhere. Ebay's a bunch of crooks to sell, but effective and easy to find.
I think it would be better for the guys selling to make a few bucks quicker too. We all know how fast you have to sell your rims to pay for the new ones! ;-)

Old 04-16-2009 | 03:55 PM
oefootball_70
Champion

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
I'm with Frog. the mods really aren't that bad. Yes the for sale part isn't great, it's not even good, but none of the mods get paid, and I think they do a pretty good job for pro boner. I think you might just have sand in your vag
Awetome, i'm pro boner too

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I know I have said countless times, make me a Mod of the for sale section. I am willing to do this if I am given the duties.

Old 04-16-2009 | 04:30 PM
BEAR
Record Breaker

aaahight! here's my .02. As far as the FS section goes, I have sold some parts and whatnot over there and they actually sold pretty quick. Yes, its mixed up and could use some improvments like has already been mentioned but its not really that bad IMO. No, its no E-BAY but, then again, it never will be. And while we're on the subject of sections being screwed up I thought there was a section for this kind of thing?https://dodgeforum.com/forum/df-webs.../?daysprune=30 maybe I'm wrong but thats MO.

Old 04-16-2009 | 04:30 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I feel like just dividing the for sale section into a car subsection and truck subsection would be a big help. As it is now, I don't even bother with the fs section bc it is too hard to navigate and I think that keeps people away. For instance, I had a set of tails to sell last night and didn't even bother listing them on here bc the fs section is too hard to navigate. So I listed them on another dodge site that has their fs section divided into subgroups and the lights were sold within an hour. I love this site but the one area that is lacking is the for sale section.

Last edited by Off_Road_Teacher; 04-16-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2009 | 05:54 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Division would be good. I think it would be a right step towards a more perfect union... lol.

I second the vote for OE-foose-ball to moderate if there's a chance to get another mod on here. Mind you, keeping track of all this sale stuff is going to be a job in its own. I think a separate moderator for the FS section would be ****...

Old 04-16-2009 | 09:01 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

i agree, i go to the "other" site for buying, and have picked up some really good deals. got my intake and grill there, both really good deals. I havent even visited the for sale section on this forum for months. maybe some categorizing would attract peoples attention again...im not complaining about it, im just saying i dont go there anymore lol.

Old 04-16-2009 | 09:06 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

sorry to say, but with the way things are going at work right now, i wouldn't be able to keep up with a new section. OE is a great candidate, but like Hammer said, don't know if there is room for more mods

Quick Reply: For sale ads in this section.