3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

For sale ads in this section.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009 | 01:27 PM
dirtydog
|
Moderate User
Default For sale ads in this section.

These gotta stop so here's what I propose....
I went over to the for sale section and everything is all intermixed. What a PIA.

Is it possible to have a sticky for sale ads or links in this section for 3rd gen specific or atleast re arrange the for sale section.

If it can be a sticky because apparently lots of guys wanna save a buck and buy used items. To keep the thread clean, limit the amount that can be posted at one time or erase every single post within that thread every 3 days. This way, old posts will be auto deleted for the new one's.
I gotta be honest with ya. I never go over there myself, but then again I have never bought anything used for my truck. In the Mustang forum they have everything broken down by years and engine specific. Makes things much easier.
Anyways, somethings gotta change because I'm being a dick to these guys because non of you Admin's have done anything. i know this entire Forum platform is a Forum base in a box. it seems every forum i visit uses the same terrible platform.

ALSO, if something is posted up for sale. Price and Pics should be required! It keeps things simple and clean. If there's a car on the side of the road with no price, i keep on driving. Too me this is a sign of too much money wanted. Sometimes it's because seller isn't sure what to put, but a starting price is better than nothing. There should be no "feeler" ads as well. Things are either for sale or they aren't.

Last edited by dirtydog; 04-16-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2009 | 01:32 PM
oefootball_70
Champion

Agreed, we need a 3g FS section sticked here, or atleast a truck for sale. Something.

Old 04-16-2009 | 01:37 PM
dirtydog
|
Moderate User

Nothing like going through the FS section and people posting Mirrors for sale(being very vague) and opening it up to find out they are for a neon. WTF? There should be a section for each vehicle. That's just makes too much sense too. Maybe that's the problem....lol
Mods are gonna hate me later....lmao Wouldn't be the first time i got banned. A mod banned me in the mustang community because i called him a jerk AFTER he totally insulted me. How fair was that. Ohh, I had over 5,000 posts. i guess him doing that proved me right...hehehe

I agree this forum is kinda messy and needs some improvement. Admin and mods have been a little on the slacking side, but some restructure is needed to keep the peace and flow of things around here. Of course these things take time. just my .02

Last edited by dirtydog; 04-16-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2009 | 01:43 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

This is an internetbrands forum. They don't tend to take care of the details on their forums.

Old 04-16-2009 | 01:47 PM
dirtydog
|
Moderate User

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
This is an internetbrands forum. They don't tend to take care of the details on their forums.

I know and it's a teribble platform. That's the issue here. it's a "generic" that needs to be modified. If the Admin's don't want to spend the time doing it, then I'm not sure i wanna spend my time here. It goes two ways.

Old 04-16-2009 | 01:50 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Admin and mods have been a little on the slacking side,

****cking slackers

Old 04-16-2009 | 01:54 PM
dirtydog
|
Moderate User

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Originally Posted by xfeejayx
****cking slackers

Uhh, Ohh,

unfortunately, the mods will always win. it's like trying to sue the government....lol

Old 04-16-2009 | 02:19 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Come on now, this forum isn't bad. I'm on a number of forums and I wouldnt be here if it was as bad as you're making it out to be.

Old 04-16-2009 | 02:32 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Uhh, Ohh,

unfortunately, the mods will always win. it's like trying to sue the government....lol

I'm with Frog. the mods really aren't that bad. Yes the for sale part isn't great, it's not even good, but none of the mods get paid, and I think they do a pretty good job for pro bono. I think you might just have sand in your vag

Old 04-16-2009 | 02:49 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

I have an idea, but I don't know how others would think of this idea but, I run a site, I have the space to and I could set something up that would be clean and easy to post up stuff for sale, maybe I can also talk to the mods to make a sticky with the link or something like that... but this is bouncing off Dirty's idea...

based on what others have said that I saw, I think that I could do this and be something that is clean and simple, and to keep it maintained then it has to be an external thing... and if people thought that would be a good idea I would do it for everyone on here...

Sound off -- what does everyone think of this idea? Anyone wanna help with it if this comes to be?

--Cow-Chick--

Quick Reply: For sale ads in this section.