3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

problem with rear axle(non-LSD)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:10 PM
MADMAXIN22
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with rear axle(non-LSD)

well my one week old dodge truck developed a problem yesterday. Going around a couple turns i felt a banging, like how it feels when something is sliding around in your bed banging around. felt it like 3 times in about 10 minutes driving on country roads. so pull into a parking lot and going slow with wheel locked i hear it this time and feel it. Loud metallic banging like something is binding in the rear axle. Limped it home and hopefully they find something at the dealer. And to think i was happy this truck had no Limited slip so i wouldnt have to worry about any of the notorious axle problems. anyone have this happen to their non-lsd 9.25 rear end?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:53 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

No, but since you are bringing it to the dealer, keep us posted...

Old 04-20-2009, 11:08 AM
MADMAXIN22
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw the carnage. spider gears ate up pretty good. 3 teeth in a row missing on one side and a bunch of pieces missing out of others. replacing the spider gears and tone wheel. ring and pinion are still good

Quick Reply: problem with rear axle(non-LSD)