3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

questions on srt-10 hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:21 PM
MADMAXIN22
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions on srt-10 hood

Debating on getting an srt-10 hood since i can for cheap(prob $440 or so) and can get it painted for nothing... but wanted to know this

1 does the opening in the hood have to be blocked off so water doesnt go into the engine compartment since i wont be using it as the air intake source?

2 does the silencer mat on the underside of the stock hood swap over or is it useless with the new hood?

3. does anyone have any pics of this hood on a ps2 silver truck?

Old 04-22-2009, 02:31 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

psb truck but i dont think you can tell lol mine should be here in a week already painted silver
Name:  SilverBullet08_1b.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  127.8 KB

Old 04-22-2009, 02:38 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

1. Don't worry about water getting in there. I've driven through some serious down pours and nothing of consequence comes in. The srt hood isn't actually used for intake, even on the srt's. The slip stream over the the hood actually creates a vacumn and exhausts air out of the hood, not in. Yes, I know that some companies sell adapters to hook it to your airbox. They are playing into peoples lack of understanding. In other words, they're ripping us off.

2. The bad news: The silencer mat does not transfer over. The good news: You can't hear any difference.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:25 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Unless your crossing the Mississippi anytime soon, you shouldnt have to worry about the scoop, even though it is functional. Froggy has a point. I dont know first hand, but I have been told that the scoop DOES act as an exhaust to release the hot air, versus bringing in cool air.

Silver, man you have done a lot of work to your truck man!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by MADMAXIN22
Debating on getting an srt-10 hood since i can for cheap(prob $440 or so) and can get it painted for nothing... but wanted to know this
You guys really **** me off with all of these great deals you get on these hoods . I still haven't found one within 300 miles of me for a reasonable price. Now that I am out of the market and saving for a different project I am sure one will pop up close by just to tempt me.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:54 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

for the right price I would get one too.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 PM
MADMAXIN22
Professional

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
You guys really **** me off with all of these great deals you get on these hoods . I still haven't found one within 300 miles of me for a reasonable price. Now that I am out of the market and saving for a different project I am sure one will pop up close by just to tempt me.

the shame of it is, the dealer i work at had one of these in stock, it was bought by a shop and returned a few years ago. I went up today to look at it and it is smashed bad prob beyond fixeable. might end up throwing it away.

not to upset you but after looking at the one collision program chrysler has, i am thinking and hopeing i might be able to get the srt hood for around $325+tax instead of $440, i about crapped myself when the BS manager said he would take care of it for me no problem since i've only been onboard for 3 months. should know in a day or two if its gonna happen or not. If it works out and i get it for that price i will let you guys know how to try and make it happen for yourselves for a small fee if it does work....

Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
did you not see the one i sent you??

Old 04-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by MADMAXIN22
the shame of it is, the dealer i work at had one of these in stock, it was bought by a shop and returned a few years ago. I went up today to look at it and it is smashed bad prob beyond fixeable. might end up throwing it away.

not to upset you but after looking at the one collision program chrysler has, i am thinking and hopeing i might be able to get the srt hood for around $325+tax instead of $440, i about crapped myself when the BS manager said he would take care of it for me no problem since i've only been onboard for 3 months. should know in a day or two if its gonna happen or not. If it works out and i get it for that price i will let you guys know how to try and make it happen for yourselves for a small fee if it does work....
325 for a new one? thats a pretty good deal...they are more than that used, it seems. yeah let us know what your boss says.....

Old 04-22-2009, 10:18 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

at that price the hoods are not painted right?

Quick Reply: questions on srt-10 hood