3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RiP Truck :(:(:(:(

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:11 PM
halcyonfox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RodeoRamCowgirl
Ok, I have to defend something, I have your decentant of the Cavalier, I have a balt, I almost got a 2005 Cavalier but ended up in the 06 balt that I have - I got taken out by a semi - and the car wasnt totalled... shoulda been but it wasnt, it just depends on how you are hit.

Ok, Now back On topic, apologies to the OP, I have been reading the thread - great to hear that you are getting it all fixed and it aint totalled, just make sure its safe and inspected before you sign the dotted line when you get her back...

--Cow-Chick--
I had an 2001 Cavalier that was a moving target I swear. Sideswiped in a parking lot. Twice. By something very tall. Backed into. Doors opened into it. Mostly it just wasn't in good shape and the second that subframe went my car was devalued so far that basically it wasn't worth crap. I confess though I did love my little Cav and everyone laughed but I ran synth oil in that thing and she hit over 200k miles no problem. Drove the damn thing from Texas to Canada and back again. If those Cobalts are anything like my old Cav it'll hang in for forever.

I feel dirty talking about Chevys on a Dodge forum... Sorry for the interruption!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Twink
Veteran

well good thing is there repainting the truck flat black :P. Insurance company hassled me a bit but oh well. ALso was talking to the guy @ the shop and im trying to work out getting an srt10 front bumper outta the whole deal.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:12 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

Montana, what the hell happened to hit that pole? It looks like your truck hit that thing damn hard. It bent the sh*t out of your steps I see.
Glad to hear your truck is getting repainted flat black. I'd kinda like to have a flat black truck, but don't ever want a reason to paint it flat black.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:37 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
Why? lol. It's only a ricer if its all show and no go. It's funny seeing these older guys with their camaros, mustangs, and vettes talk crap to him at the local track; then he just goes out and completely embarrasses them.

Because friends don't let friends drive ricers no matter what!!!

MAN LAW!!

Old 05-09-2009, 01:52 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 167 Likes on 153 Posts

Sorry to hear it. Good reason i don't ever want to drive a car- Having the extra 2 feet of STEEL between you and whatever you hit, is alot of crumple zone. In my Dakota, I've gone (literally) a whole trucklength through a barb wire fence (and 3 fence posts), and also taken out a stop sign- Give or take some handiwork and time, can't ever tell (but I haven't gotten that far yet, still need a windshield, hood, and paint).

The idiot should have at least had the decency to stop. Maybe it woulda been worth it to hug the right edge and make them pay dearly and only have a left front corner gone rather than whole right side.

Course, times like that I have to wonder, where exactly are your DOT tax dollars going? There should be an aarmco or at least something there, or the rock incline should be taken out.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:34 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by halcyonfox
I had an 2001 Cavalier that was a moving target I swear. Sideswiped in a parking lot. Twice. By something very tall. Backed into. Doors opened into it. Mostly it just wasn't in good shape and the second that subframe went my car was devalued so far that basically it wasn't worth crap. I confess though I did love my little Cav and everyone laughed but I ran synth oil in that thing and she hit over 200k miles no problem. Drove the damn thing from Texas to Canada and back again. If those Cobalts are anything like my old Cav it'll hang in for forever.

I feel dirty talking about Chevys on a Dodge forum... Sorry for the interruption!
Yeah I love the balt caise she's been through hell (like me) and she is still running strong, I know that when I have my Ram I also am looking into a Cherokee as well, and I know that I would have 3 cars but I dont know if I could bring myself to sell my balt, on top of being so reliable she is my first car and I bought her NEW off the lot, which how many 21 yr old can do that without their parents checkbook? Not many.

Besides, I will have a truck that can pull her... so why get rid of her as long as I have a means to move her if I need to and I cannot drive it myself?

Hey Twink - you plan on getting pics up of it taken apart... I personally wanna see how skelatal these things can get... then again I love ripping sh*t apart and uncovering every little thing that is in something... so I know as much as I can about something...

--Cow-Chick--

Old 05-10-2009, 02:37 AM
MontanaRAM
Captain

Originally Posted by ried69
Montana, what the hell happened to hit that pole? It looks like your truck hit that thing damn hard. It bent the sh*t out of your steps I see.
Glad to hear your truck is getting repainted flat black. I'd kinda like to have a flat black truck, but don't ever want a reason to paint it flat black.
I'm still not entirely sure what caused me to suddenly spin out, i was coming to the top of a small hill and when i came over, i think the shift of the weight threw the truck sideways somehow. i was only doing 35 (speedometer is off i'm sure.). i had no time to react, truck beelined to the only pole in sight. snow was definitely a factor in the crash. i think i may have hit a patch of black ice too.

Quick Reply: RiP Truck :(:(:(:(