3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Offroad light wiring issues!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Army_HEMI2WD
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroad light wiring issues!!

hey guys,

havent been on in a little bit and i have a little problem. I have 4, 6inch offroad lights on the truck (the ones in the sig). They worked fine for a little while and then started acting up i couldn't figure out what the problem was until the yellows died while i was driving. when i got home i had come to find out that the fuse holder had melted. AHHH!! i dont understand why. I used a heavy duty wiring kit for the lights. everything else is fine, except the fuse holders. any suggestions on replacement fuse holders??

thanks

Old 04-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe you have a short somewere if it is melting the wiring check that before you replace the fuse otherwise the same thing will probably happen to you

Old 04-28-2009, 11:04 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the total wattage of your bulbs? Are they all using the same fuse?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Cheeech
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are fuse holders and there are china fuse holders. Sounds like you got some cheap azz fuse holders in your kit! I have seen it happens lots of times.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:49 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep, you can bump up the wiring and fuse but also check and make sure you have a good clean solid ground. It melted because you were pulling too much amperage through it. I am assuming you are running all 4 lights off one fuse and switch? Did you buy a set of four lights of just a set of two because I wouldnt think all four should be wired to the same switch and fuse.

Quick Reply: Offroad light wiring issues!!