3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi tick update

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Alpheus
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
b.i.n.g.o!!!
Get em!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 07:03 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

If you have amn 06-08 and still have the MDS turned on, you are if for a heap of trouble with 5-30 and that stabilizer!!
You don't have your truck in your sig or info at the top right.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Forge

My '05 has 52,000 miles on it and the tick is a definite knocking sound! Are you guys sure that it is coming from the valves? My knocking sound is louder underneath and sounds like it is coming from inside the oil pan.

I bought my Hemi used and for some strange reason, the "knock/tick" got louder after my first oil change... I filled her up with Mobil 1 fully synthetic 5/30w. I bought it from a well known and respected Dodge dealership, so I wouldn't think that they added anything to quiet it up to sell...

Last edited by Forge; 04-28-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:37 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Wink

Originally Posted by Forge
My '05 has 52,000 miles on it and the tick is a definite knocking sound! Are you guys sure that it is coming from the valves? My knocking sound is louder underneath and sounds like it is coming from inside the oil pan.

I bought my Hemi used and for some strange reason, the "knock/tick" got louder after my first oil change... I filled her up with Mobil 1 fully synthetic 5/30w. I bought it from a well known and respected Dodge dealership, so I wouldn't think that they added anything to quiet it up to sell...

dont ever say that again!!!!! the stealership will do anything to sell a truck in this economy . hell they sold a truck to my buddie with busted leaf springs and he has a warranty but its not powertraine and the truck was inspected!!!! well they missed something on the inspection. but to tell them that its thumbs in the asses. i hate car dealers i will only buy from a privet "honest" person

Old 04-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Forge
That does not sound good if a loud knock is coming from the oil pan.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
fishfiz
Default Tick

I have an 2004 I've been driveing the crap out of it for 25 thousand miles still ticks and runs great, turn he radio up or sell it

Old 04-28-2009, 08:12 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Angry

Originally Posted by fishfiz
I have an 2004 I've been driveing the crap out of it for 25 thousand miles still ticks and runs great, turn he radio up or sell it
dammmm newbie good response you will make it round hear with those comments ...awesome feels like i had a kid and named him fish

Old 04-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Cheeech
Banned

dammmm newbie good response you will make it round hear with those comments ...awesome feels like i had a kid and named him fish

What's your problem man? You started off right from your first post.
Keep it cool in my threads please. No need for hostility. I'm a cool kinda cat.

I think he meant that he has been running his truck hard even with the tick and it hasn't gotten any worse, so no worries on babying it.

lxman, mds has been disabled with my beautiful clear/blue handheld tuner

Old 04-28-2009, 09:00 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by Cheeech
What's your problem man? You started off right from your first post.
Keep it cool in my threads please. No need for hostility.
haaaaa you dont no about me ?? you really want to start off on DF like this. you better read up newbie about me . my post are from the heart man. im sure the crew will chime in .

Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Alpheus
Banned

haaaaa you dont no about me ?? you really want to start off on DF like this. you better read up newbie about me . my post are from the heart man. im sure the crew will chime in .
Hes a wimp! Look how he has to use a high powered rifle to kill that little poor defensless liitle deer. If you were a real man you should challenge that deer to a knife fight...

Quick Reply: Hemi tick update