3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Windshield Wiper Woes

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Trigger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about yours then, Jordan. I just switched mine with 2 of the other ones and my wipers work perfect now.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:51 PM
NYBowbender

I got you all beat... mine did the same thing (wipers had a mind of their own) but on top of that the turn indicators would sometimes flash left when I signaled right and vis-versa! Talk about annoying, unsafe, and stupid! My dealer's response was "you need to bring it in when it acts up" like it was logical for me to head for them every time I had a problem that was totally intermittent.

Finally I raised enough hell they changed out the multi-function switch and that solved both problems... and shortly thereafter they closed up shop! Best thing that ever happened, I found a first-class dealership that does awsome work and actually worries about not overcharging me!

Old 05-13-2009, 01:46 AM
JordanStreder

Originally Posted by Trigger
Not sure about yours then, Jordan. I just switched mine with 2 of the other ones and my wipers work perfect now.
I know...fortunately with fire season on right now, I won't have to drive my truck a whole lot this summer...so I won't have to stress about it. figure it out later...might try the multi stick replacement...because I know for sure the motors work...so no point in fiddling with those.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jordan,

Before you replace the multi-stick, pull the cowl and the wiper motor assembly, the is a "sweep" box attached to the motor, ita all integral, remove the cover and use a pecil eraser, or similar, to clean the metal contact runners in there. Then relube with lithium grease and see if that doesn't remedy your problem.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:28 PM
JordanStreder

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give it a go, I really appreciate it!

Old 07-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Trigger
Professional

Well guys. My wipers were working fine for a while after I switched the relays. Now I lost the intermittent setting entirely. Wipers only work on lo and hi.

What is involved to replace the multi-switch? I'm guessing that it took a ****.

Anything else I should look for?

Old 07-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star

mine will randomly do 2 wipes when i flick it on then off or if its on very low it will do it but only once in a blue moon so nothing special

Old 07-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Trigger
Professional

Originally Posted by Ridinhigh
mine will randomly do 2 wipes when i flick it on then off or if its on very low it will do it but only once in a blue moon so nothing special
That's what mine USED to do. Now there's no intermittent setting at all. It's either hi or lo.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

Try switching out 2 of the relays again and see if that does anything. If it doesn't I'm guessing it's most likely the multi-stalk

Old 07-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Wanderer
Veteran

Mine cycles off the intermittent mode a few times a month. I usually turn them off then on and all is well. Unless they stop working, I ain't touchhing it.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Woes