3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Windshield Wiper Woes

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Trigger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper Woes

Anyone else have wiper issues with their 3rd gen? My delay setting is all screwed up. Sometimes they wipe once, sometimes continuously, sometimes they stop mid windshield, sometimes they only work on the low setting.

My wipers are like a box of f--king chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get!

Any known fixes? I hope it's not the multi-stick on the wheel. They're a bitch to replace.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:14 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have the same problem also.mine don't stop mid windsheild

Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like the multi-function switch (wiper switch) to me. I had the same thing on a Ford once.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Toefur
Professional

Ive had mine back to dealership 3 times for this problem. They changed the the entire wiper motor assembly...still had the problem....then they changed some module and the multifunction switch....still had the problem...I took it back like 2 weeks ago and complained about it again and they said its "working as intended" I gave up...watch em crap out on me in the middle of a storm or something.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 PM
JordanStreder

It's nice to know that my windshield wipers are the only ones to go bat S**t crazy on my...I though my truck was possessed at first...

Old 04-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Tonyo88
Professional

I have the exact same problem. I brought mine to the stealership a few months ago and they replaced the wiper/signal switch to no avail. My guess is the wiper motor is crapin out, so I checked what a new one would cost. They told me 250$ for the part, and at least three hours labour. So I guess I'll just deal with it until I magically run into a pile of money...

Old 04-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Trigger
Professional

Originally Posted by Tonyo88
I have the exact same problem. I brought mine to the stealership a few months ago and they replaced the wiper/signal switch to no avail. My guess is the wiper motor is crapin out, so I checked what a new one would cost. They told me 250$ for the part, and at least three hours labour. So I guess I'll just deal with it until I magically run into a pile of money...
geez I hope you get a tube of K.Y. with it for that price. A re-man motor from Autozone is only $40. I don't want to throw parts at my truck unnessesarily though.

Ive had mine back to dealership 3 times for this problem. They changed the the entire wiper motor assembly...still had the problem....then they changed some module and the multifunction switch....still had the problem...I took it back like 2 weeks ago and complained about it again and they said its "working as intended" I gave up...watch em crap out on me in the middle of a storm or something.
hmm. That's interesting. If they replaced all those parts, it SHOULD be working right. They covered everything that has to do with the wipers

Old 04-30-2009, 04:48 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try searching.. Im pretty sure it was on here .. there was a TSB for the third gen wiper motor assemblies.. something about the vented casing or something.. I cant remember 100%

Old 04-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Toefur
Professional

Originally Posted by Trigger
hmm. That's interesting. If they replaced all those parts, it SHOULD be working right. They covered everything that has to do with the wipers
I agree it should..but it dosent. The TSB was to replace some module which they allegedly did.....

Old 04-30-2009, 05:06 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found the recall, but its only for 08-09 so i guess that doesnt help

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...00-3500-a.html

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Woes