3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Windshield Wiper Woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 12:22 PM
electraflh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

easy fix multi stick (10 min), search you tube, ebay 40 bucks

Old 07-24-2014, 12:32 PM
electraflh

Originally Posted by Trigger
Anyone else have wiper issues with their 3rd gen? My delay setting is all screwed up. Sometimes they wipe once, sometimes continuously, sometimes they stop mid windshield, sometimes they only work on the low setting.

My wipers are like a box of f--king chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get!

Any known fixes? I hope it's not the multi-stick on the wheel. They're a bitch to replace.
check you tube, its a 10 min fix for multi stick, ebay 40 bucks

Old 07-24-2014, 02:14 PM
RamRod37
Rookie

Ok I know this Thread Is Years Old but to Easy Peoples mind My wipers was doing same multi wipe stopping in mid windshield thing on intermittent wipers found another thread somewhere that talked about taking off wiper motor and cleaning the contacts I done this as have others and low and behold it fixed mine too took 30 to 45min depending on counting on getting tools out and putting them back So Yes this would be the first place for anyone else having this Issue just clean grease off contacts base save some of the clean grease for later clean all off and pull up on the spring contacts just slightly pull them up some wipe some of the grease back on contacts and reassemble it worked like a charm

Old 05-14-2015, 07:37 PM
acefu2@gmail.com
Angry Dodge (or dodge-em bros)

2005 dodge ram 1500 bought new--tolerated intermitent wiper issue till now. Did not clean motor contacts but went ahead and purchased a new (reman) motor. Still the same issue, so then replaced the multi stick. Same problem, have moved relays in fuse/relay box-still same problem. Any real answer other than say a new niponese truck? Dodge should be ashamed? The dealers don't want to talk about it-just want you to "being truck in" so they can charge a few hundred for what should be a simple problem-after all we are only talking about windshield wipers!!

Old 04-20-2016, 09:37 PM
front9er

had the same issue and fixed it tonight. I pulled the wiper motor off and cleaned the contacts inside the motor. took about thirty minutes. once motor was apart simply sanded the brass contacts area to shiny again. you are going to find a black substance on top of the brass strips. clean them and this took care of my problem.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Woes