3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

It's A Sad Day.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:08 PM
slackjaw71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"If the court plan is approved, the firm's car-making operations will be sold to a new company, which would emerge from bankruptcy under entirely new ownership and without the onerous obligations to creditors and employees."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124109550079373043.html

The above quote from the WSJ is what scares me about the lifetime extended warranty-wouldn't we (extended warranty owners) be considered creditors? Has anyone tried to dump their warranty? We have an '08 Ram 2500 and an '09 Charger (bought it 3/28, two days before Obummer's announcement )

Tim

Old 04-30-2009, 07:08 PM
slackjaw71

BTW, why was the other thread closed? Anyone know?

Tim

Old 04-30-2009, 09:41 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by slackjaw71
BTW, why was the other thread closed? Anyone know?

Tim
we're just trying to keep the technical forum clear of this stuff. otherwise there would be 1000 new threads all across the forum on this topic.

please discuss all of this stuff (about the bankruptcy ...etc.) here so we can keep the technical section technical

Old 04-30-2009, 09:56 PM
slackjaw71
Thumbs up

Thanks , I understand. I'm too tuned into the 3rd gen forum and don't look around enough!

Tim

Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Wanderer
Veteran
Angry

The partnership with Fiat does not bother me as the other side of me toys with Fiat Spiders. The worry is the management team; UAW 55%, BHO(Fed Gov't) 25% and Fiat 20%. Actually Canada actually got about 2% from the US portion. Who is going to design the future vehicles. Is BHO going to put his green team of enviromentalists, the tax cheating Treasury personnel, or the car czar that looted the NY pension system in charge?. I will not go as far to say the future will look like the vehicles that came out of central planning in the former USSR. Just rember this, a camel was a race horse designed by committee.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 AM
toxdoc
Veteran

Originally Posted by Wanderer
The partnership with Fiat does not bother me as the other side of me toys with Fiat Spiders. The worry is the management team; UAW 55%, BHO(Fed Gov't) 25% and Fiat 20%. Actually Canada actually got about 2% from the US portion. Who is going to design the future vehicles. Is BHO going to put his green team of enviromentalists, the tax cheating Treasury personnel, or the car czar that looted the NY pension system in charge?. I will not go as far to say the future will look like the vehicles that came out of central planning in the former USSR. Just rember this, a camel was a race horse designed by committee.
Very well said Wanderer; I too have had extensive experience with Italian marques and enjoy them. I still contend that the Fiat CEO at 20% invested and an apparently good businessman could pull out easily just as Daimler did if things go bad for Fiat with this deal. What real leverage will the magnificent BHO have over Fiat anyway?

toxdoc
_____

Old 05-01-2009, 10:42 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by slackjaw71
"If the court plan is approved, the firm's car-making operations will be sold to a new company, which would emerge from bankruptcy under entirely new ownership and without the onerous obligations to creditors and employees."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124109550079373043.html

The above quote from the WSJ is what scares me about the lifetime extended warranty-wouldn't we (extended warranty owners) be considered creditors? Has anyone tried to dump their warranty? We have an '08 Ram 2500 and an '09 Charger (bought it 3/28, two days before Obummer's announcement )

Tim
Your extended warranty is dead.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
jeez frog, why you holdin back? why don't you tell it to him like it is?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

By the way, I apologize for starting this thread in the wrong section. I'm just so used to going here that I didn't realize.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Cheeech
Banned

Originally Posted by RubberFrog

I read nothing in there that supports your statement Rubberfrog???

Did you see my link yesterday? http://www.autotropolis.com/wiki/ind...w_Car_Warranty

The Orange letters right in the beginning. It's really up to the courts to decide depending where they have to cut losses. Time will tell. My guess is that anyone who paid extra for a warrany will be honored. Anyone with a lifetime warranty that came with the vehicle will be dropped to a basic coverage like 3yr/36kmi. But ofcourse with the option to buy a better warranty at a "discounted price". Just my guess. This gives newer customers time to get out in an economical bind whaile not creating riots. It just makes sense to me. I'd rather have that than nothing at all.

Quick Reply: It's A Sad Day.