3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi Towing - Downhill Manageability

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:14 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the third generation rams are by far the most attractive looking trucks equipped with the 20" wheels. However, I can tell it's just a light truck compared to the F-150s I've been in all my life. I love the power of the hemi, but I don't see my truck as a "work truck" such as the F-150. The interior feels light just like my dodge neon once felt like. But, compared to the 2nd generation, they at least ride much smoother, and have considerably more power.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:28 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It is a lighter feeling truck than the 01 F150 I traded in on my 08, but I think stiffer shocks will cure the soft ride. The Ford is a heavier built truck, but much of it is to quieten the interior. I bought a truck, not a TownCar. I don't mind it being a little noisy inside. I work my truck and It doesn't mind one bit. It's actually sitting out in the driveway right now with a 2400lb trailer hooked up with a 89 Cougar (junk car) stuffed to the gills with scrap metal. About 8000lbs in tow and it will do it with ease tomorrow heading to the scrap yard.

The key is 4 wheel electric trailer brakes and a weight distribution hitch.

I agree, the 3rd gen Rams are the best looking trucks on the road. I would say second is the 09 Ram followed by the 99-03 F150's.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:36 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good points. I as well like the 99-03 F-150s too. My dad owns a 1999, and I love the way they look, however, they perform very poorly on crash tests. They are referred to as "soda cans" in the crash test industry apparently..

I will say my favorite looking truck besides my current truck are the Patriot Editions by Ford. I love them in black with the billet grilles in the front, and the 20" Roush Wheels. I also love the sport edition fords with the colored black bumpers and grilles. I guess I just like black a lot lol.

Quick Reply: Hemi Towing - Downhill Manageability