3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Disconnecting Front sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:48 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That has always been my thoughts...

It always worked in my jeep as a little trick. You know, "I never left 2wd suckers."... you know how that goes...

Old 05-03-2009, 09:05 PM
74charger
Veteran

Haha yeah I know how that goes, I just figured I'd be different and show that as long as you've got a dodge you can get **** done lol.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:01 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok i see your point now, the picture helped a lot. the body would be more level w/o the sway bar, but i still dont see the point of it from the off-road situations you (or anyone) would put themselves in in a 2wd with a stock/ near stock suspension.(as far as i can tell from the pics)

i would say before you go and spend any money, take your sway bar off before your next off-road trip and see what you think. it only takes a couple minutes.
you might need a bottle jack to get it back on when your done.
then you wont be out any money if you decide you dont like it.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 PM
74charger
Veteran

oh yeah i was gonna test it first for sure. I realy think you guys underestimate the 2wd though ive already takin it through some pretty nasty stuff and made it and now that i have the leveling kit installed and 33 inch mud terrians going on its only gonna be easier. Im going wheeling soon i'll take lots of pics and videos and then mayeb you'll see lol. Im just thinking anything can help cus I know when I climb a rock with my front end its get's pretty off angle and if the sway bar off will reduce that then might as well. All my friends just loving seeing the big, pretty much stock 2wd dodge doing the same stuff or nearly the same stuff they're all doing with there done up 4wd big lift rigs. in fact i can even do some things better cus of my lsd, we were flexing in this dumb ditch thing which with the angles made 2 of the tires have very little grip so they just spun cus they have open diffs. I made it in and out with my 2wd and lsd like nothing.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:54 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

hahaha, you know wht, I have a 4wd, but my truck will go a lot of places in 2wd. I have only needed my truck in 4wd, a few times. Every year we go up north to go snowmobiling with tons of powder on the ground, and two wheel drive gets me there just fine. But to keep down on the wear and tear, I throw it in 4-hi, and cruise on through, pus its safer. lol

if you can do it in 2wd, all to ya!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven

if you can do it in 2wd, all to ya!
+1

keep us updated and let us know how the test goes.

Quick Reply: Disconnecting Front sway bar