3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

E-Fan

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:12 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I paid $22.99 for it back prolly 2 years ago or more now. But that was before shipping. I can't remember where I got it, but I waited till I wanted other stuff too, so the shipping was really a non factor.

I can't remember, but my neighbor got one at NAPA I think, and paid like $9 for the thing. It's not all stainless and no lifetime warranty, but he's had it longer than I've had my Jet, and no problems yet.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Cheeech
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just don't go lower than a 180*. Your engine needs to reach at least 170* for proper engine performance and so all moisture that has settled in the crankcase case be dissapated away. Running no t-stat or lower t-stat can prevent the moisture from evaporating resulting in bearing and other failures.

180* is a good number. The Factory uses higher one's for emissions control and all that crap. And yes you must use them in conhunction with one another or it won't do squat for ya. If you don't go wthe E-fan route, you'll need a programmer to adjust the on/off temps of the stock fan in comparison with the t-stat you use.

Quick Reply: E-Fan