3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

H.I.D. Fix DIY

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:07 AM
jaybiz1980
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry hair is almoast gone!

hey fox i have the same problem. I have a 2004 ram 1500 quad cab. I bought a 5000k bi-beam kit. it looks similar to what you have. all it did was flash slowly. so i looked all over the net and did what you did before i saw this thread. now I have the same caps as you but i hooked up one to the high and to the low side both connected to the middle ground wire. now it turns on but my hi-or low doesnt change but it flickers slightly as if it wants to change all the time. and my bulb out indicator it still on? did you just hook it up to kne side on the low? does your high and low work? i have heard ppl using 50w 8 ohm resistors and caps i dont know what will work. this damn can bus setup really stinks. they over complicated somthing as simple as headlights. even my dome lights i made 30 ice white led bulbs for my dome and had to install resistors kuz everythign is computer controlled. same as my tail lights same deal more resistors. any info would be great. also they make error cancelors and can bus eliminators and i hear that some work and some dont? who knows. please help. thanks. let me know what your setup looks like you can e-mail me at jaybiz1980@comcast.net with pics i can send you pics of what my setup looks like . thanks

Old 01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You need to read this thread

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Quick Reply: H.I.D. Fix DIY