3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tires - any experience with these?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:30 PM
TheFist
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires - any experience with these?

I think I'm going to go with these Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's when I'm ready to get rid of the Cooper Zeon's. Anybody know anybody who's used these?

http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyea...ea=Light+Truck

Old 05-05-2009, 12:34 PM
1LowRam
Professional

Im gettin rid of my Goodyear HPs this week. I still have 4/32 of tread, but they might as well be slicks. No wet traction at all. I havnt been happy with goodyears in the past. Im going back to some Falkens. I know these are different tires than your lookin at, but its just my opinion on Goodyears.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Cheeech
Banned

Look like a noisey tire. Also a more offroad version of the Silent armors which were noisey and some said they wore too fast.
Personally, going from the Coopers, you'll be dissapointed in wear, noise, and Price! So, try not to compare the two based on price alone because I'm sure those will be over $200 a piece.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Cheeech
Banned

Originally Posted by 1LowRam
Im gettin rid of my Goodyear HPs this week. I still have 4/32 of tread, but they might as well be slicks. No wet traction at all. I havnt been happy with goodyears in the past. Im going back to some Falkens. I know these are different tires than your lookin at, but its just my opinion on Goodyears.

No, don't do it. Falken's are junk for trucks. Same with the crappy HP's that should have never been on these trucks in the first place. 4 ply car tire is what they are.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:39 PM
1LowRam
Professional

Originally Posted by Cheeech
No, don't do it. Falken's are junk for trucks. Same with the crappy HP's that should have never been on these trucks in the first place. 4 ply car tire is what they are.
Ive never had a problem with Falkens. Always been quiet and great trcation dry and wet.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:44 PM
rango1500
Amateur

i just bought some bridgestone revos and absolutely love em. they are an aggressive tire and they are not loud at all cruising at around 80mph. i would highly recommend these tires.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Cheeech
Banned

Originally Posted by 1LowRam
Ive never had a problem with Falkens. Always been quiet and great trcation dry and wet.

Doesn't make them a good truck tire. You must not tow heavy things or go on loose stone roads at all. They are light car tires that have worked their way to SUV size wheels and now people try to put them on trucks. Unless they are at least a 6ply. i wouldn't put them on any truck.

They may be fine for the city slicker, but then again, trucks aren't meant for that either...lol

Old 05-05-2009, 12:52 PM
1LowRam
Professional

Originally Posted by Cheeech
Doesn't make them a good truck tire. You must not tow heavy things or go on loose stone roads at all. They are light car tires that have worked their way to SUV size wheels and now people try to put them on trucks. Unless they are at least a 6ply. i wouldn't put them on any truck.

They may be fine for the city slicker, but then again, trucks aren't meant for that either...lol
Well mine is lowered and 2wd. So will never be off road cept for maybe a gravel driveway here and there. I dont tow anything either.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Back in the day, I was a die-hard Goodyear guy. But that day was over some 15 years or so ago. Too many problems. Cupping, belt separations, fast wear, etc.
Been a Mickey Thompson/Dick Cepek guy ever since. They'd have to really start f*cking up bad under their current Cooper ownership to get me to buy anything else again...

Old 05-05-2009, 01:58 PM
TheFist
Veteran

Interesting responses. I'm not concerned with road noise at all, thats what my stereo is for. What I am looking for is a tire that I can get at least 40k out of that has 3 ply sidewalls and can do a good job in mud and sand.

Quick Reply: Tires - any experience with these?