3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Spray in bedliner near Albany, NY

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:07 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Now I will have a $250 plastic bedliner plus a $550 spray in liner. The drop in liner probably isn't worth $100 on the street now???? It's only a year old.
Yea my truck had the drop in when I bought it and I just sold it for $35. I had it listed for $100 on down, but never got any interest and now I'm just glad it's not taking up any space at my place. Where did they tell you it would only take an hour b/c I would think at least 2 maybe 2 1/2 to do it.

Last edited by chambers; 05-10-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:25 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My dealer had mine done at no cost to me as part of the purchase deal, as were my free Mopar side steps.
It was done by a local shop. Xtreme liners. done by a local truck shop. It is a nice looking, rugged liner comparable to the Line-X brand.
Name:  Canonclean-up047.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  136.2 KB
Name:  Canonclean-up048.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  132.2 KB

You might try searching for Xtreme Liners in your area http://www.xtremeliners.com/

Last edited by lxman1; 05-10-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:49 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Closest one is 50miles Lxman

One main reason I want to get it done is because my *** end looks jacked up and holds lots of water. I don't want my bed to rust out because of that. The spray in will prevent all of that. Although I do like the plastic bubles that hold all equipment from getting wet and allows the water to run underneath everything.
Also, I don't want peel and stick bedcaps. i want spray rails. They quoted me $175 for just the rails. I think I'd rather do it all for the $550 and try to get $35 for my drop in liner....lol

Old 05-10-2009, 04:20 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my truck was done, the place kept the truck all day. Dunno if it was due to scheduling workload and cure time but id expect more than an hour as well.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Ziebart is a national chain that does a great job (they did my window tint). The only big difference between Line-X and Rhino Liner is that Line-X is smoother, and Rhino Liner has a texture. If you put things in your bed Rhino Liner helps keep them in place. They will both outlast your truck, they're both bomb proof, so just decide if you want smooth or rough finish. I think the government coated the pentagon in Line-X after 9/11.

I got the link for Albany N.Y.

http://www.ziebart.com/locations.php?id=111

Last edited by Got_Hemi44; 05-10-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:18 PM
NYBowbender

There's actually a Line-X shop on State Street in Schenectady, and one up in Saratoga Springs. When i moved here from Phoenix about 2 years ago I wanted to get my TJ undercoated so I took it up to Saratoga (the local shop didn't do the undercoating).

When I bought my truck it came with an over-the-rail bedliner which I removed and when i did, I found it left a lot of scratches on the finish. I made a deal with my dealer to get them to split the cost, but I was looking at a Rhino Liner because as I recall they were a bit less expensive than the Line-X. There's also a Ziebart/Rhino dealer right on Central Ave...

Good luck!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:30 PM
SlimJim24
Rookie

pm'd you dirtydog

Old 05-10-2009, 08:46 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

I had mine done at Capital District Truck Center on State St which is the Line-X dealer and I think it was around $400 or so when I got it done over a year ago. They are very good and easy to deal with. They did my rear drop shackle install too.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Mike649
Professional

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Looking to get a LineX or Rhino. What's the main differences between the two?
Does anyone know where the cheapest place near Albany, NY to get it done is? I called about 6months ago and they wanted $525
I know the actual materials are expensive, but the guy said it takes 1 hour to drive in and drive back out. Supplies cannot possibly cost that much. I'd be more than happy with maybe $450 plus tax, but I think over $500 is kinda obsurd. Any help would be appreciated.
Ohh, not looking to do anything myself. There isn't anything out there of quality that can compare, plus it sprays out hot the guy said, something I cannot do.

I am located in the Upstate, NY area. I was originaly going to try LINEX, from what I gathered via online researching it wasa better product than the Rhino. However after I saw my second truck that had a line x bedliner I was disapointed. The closest LINEX dealer was close to 2 hours for me. The closest Rhino dealer was 15minutes. The Rhino product is exclusivly government used I was told. It looks very nice and the price is the same.

Check the LineX website out they list dealers by distance. Im pretty sure the Rhino site does the same. As far as price $525 over rails is the going rate.

I just did my bedliner and ended up with Rhino. It looks very nice, and was sprayed on very thick. Makes the truck look complete, professionally. I have seen Rhino liners 3 years old and they do fade but look normal not a bad fad in my opinion.

Try to find a truck or two that has both Line X and Rhino and decide for yourself. Pictures can be decieving.

Good luck.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:14 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine is over the rail and was around $425 I think.

Quick Reply: Spray in bedliner near Albany, NY