3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4x4 Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 04:18 PM
IowaHemi1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down This should not happen!

I should be able to lift this truck as much as i want without these issues. I still can't believe that a 2006 truck would have these kind of issues. Hell you could buy a 1980 4 wheel drive and lift it and not have any problems. What a joke.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 PM
txj
Rookie

Originally Posted by IowaHemi1
I should be able to lift this truck as much as i want without these issues. I still can't believe that a 2006 truck would have these kind of issues. Hell you could buy a 1980 4 wheel drive and lift it and not have any problems. What a joke.
I hear ya bro... although, older trucks had straight front axles and not IFS with CV joints.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:15 AM
butch1581
Captain

yeah I miss my old 96 jeep cherokee for that reason. Love the solid front axle. Lifting was easy, then just shim to get rid of the driveline vibes! The front end of those things were solid......steering stabilizer built in too.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:28 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by butch1581
yeah I miss my old 96 jeep cherokee for that reason. Love the solid front axle. Lifting was easy, then just shim to get rid of the driveline vibes! The front end of those things were solid......steering stabilizer built in too.
Yeah, it's sad. My '02 Grand Cherokee Overland (this months VOTM winner BTW ), has a solid front axle, Quadra Drive and lockers front and rear. Other than ground clearance and it's current set of soccer mom tires, it's way more off-road worthy than my truck...

Old 06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
txj
Rookie

Went to the local off road center... had to get my tires rebalanced... much better. Unfortunately he had to use weights on both sides of each rim to balance them... instead of just stator balanced. And on black rims they looks crappy, but i will hit the weights up with a little black paint to blend them in.

anyway, while i was there he gave me a $750 quote for a 3" BL (complete package/install - out the door price). thought that was good...

so, on to my point... I will be ordering up my KORE high angle inner CV joints tomorrow. Once they arrive I will schedule to have my lift done and the new CV's installed. They want $200 to install the KORE CV joints... I'm hoping that will completely resolve the 4x4 shudder issues. I'll keep ya'l' posted on it. It will be a few weeks before I can get in though, he's booked out with a ton of new Jeep Wrangler JK lifts for now.

here's my cheesy photo shop of my truck with a 3" BL - stoked.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:34 PM
silentwarrior

TXJ, did you ever get rid of the SHUDDERS? I gave up and got rid of my level kit. It shuddered stock and was worse with kit and now back to stock. Dealer said they could not find anything wrong. This is the last dodge I will ever buy, you get no service after you sign the papers when you buy a dodge you are just a pain in the *** to them if you have a problem.!

Old 08-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you ever get it fixed or find the problem

if its a normal shudder than the dealer should have no problem giving you full trade-in vale for an 2010

Old 08-30-2010, 11:21 AM
silentwarrior

I have a 2008 Ram HEMI QC 4x4 that I bought new in 08 paid cash I just turned 15,000 miles on it ( fifteen thousand) truck is basically new. If I went to dealer and traded it in what would they give me besides a new truck payment, If I paid cash and it is a manufacturer defect they should give me a new truck with all of the same options. I do not like the new body style and coil rear end so I lost no matter what! I love the truck other than the shudder and the technicians saying it is fine. I think I will buy a Ford next.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:15 PM
stevenffr

new to the site was wondering if any one has found a fix yet for the vibration problems

Old 01-30-2011, 11:36 AM
silentwarrior

I have not found a solution, it continues to vibrate and " shudder" in 4x4 mode. We have had a lot of snow and it happens on any type of surface. DO NOT EVER install a leveling kit on these trucks. Ready lift said they would reimburse me the cost of my four trips to the dealer and then they backed out and would not even take the return on the kit. So after $1500.00 and 6 months of research I am back to stock and still vibrating. I will never buy a dodge again. I will be purchasing a ford or toyota for my next truck. We own a 2006 jeep liberty 4x4 and 2008 RAM hemi qc 4x4 bought both new, these are the first and last Chrysler products we will ever own. My ram had the problem from day one it is 3 Y/O and I just now turned 20k. The jeep just turned 18k.

Quick Reply: 4x4 Vibration