3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3rd Gen Ram Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:37 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont remember getting that feeling about our members when I first started. I have a few times said something about using the search function, but only when I know it has been answered everyday for the past six months.

Im going to stop talking now because I feel i dont have anything of use to add right now... lol

Old 05-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Jason D
Veteran

My exact issue, just hold your usless post. Either someone will answer with a usefull answer or I can get the info I need somewhere else.

But some people think that getting that extra post makes you that much cooler or that much more experinced,F/U

Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 AM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
sounds like you are using the basic search. Try the advanced and you can limit your search parameters.
Even the advanced search isn’t that great at times. It seems to me that the search function was updated or something, but in a bad way. I think it used to work a lot better before. I’ve read this forum for a while before I actually signed up, and when I used to search for stuff, it seemed like the results I got were exactly what I was looking for. Now when I search, it seems like I get what I’m looking for, but with a thousand posts for completely different things mixed in.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
sounds like you are using the basic search. Try the advanced and you can limit your search parameters.

The best answer could ever imagine!

DO A SERCH **** OFF!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Alpheus
Banned

Originally Posted by Jason D

DO A SERCH **** OFF!!!
Good god learn to spell. People like you scare me because you are out there driving around and if you cant spell you cant read. I guess you allready proved my point by not being able to read that NO TRESPASSING sign on the beach.

100 post dont make you a professional if all of your posts and threads are crap...

Last edited by Alpheus; 05-14-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason D

DO A SERCH **** OFF!!!
Are you speaking to me? Get over it if you are. I just merely made a suggestion.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:01 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i agree with you jason. it does get old when you see the same posts but i usually try to help them in the right direction. ie check the faq or find an actually post to help them. i agree that the useless posts or sarcastic remarks have to go or just dont bother posting on the thread. everyone was new once and i think we should welcome new users and not bash the search function down their throat....just my .02

Old 05-14-2009, 02:19 AM
Alpheus
Banned

I posted this in response to his posts over in the Superchips thread, but I think it fit pretty good in here as well...

What makes you think that you are so special that everyone should just drop what they are doing to answer your question? Everyone else on here that knows the answers had to either:

A) Have the ***** to buy a product or a mod and try it out for themselves.

B) Have enough respect as the new person on here to do a little bit of research.

C) Figure that if you ask such stupid questions that you really dont have anything useful to add to the forum and just get ignored.

Think about it. If you come on here and ask a silly or common question that would take you 1 minute to find the answer to. Do you really think anyone will listen to you when you give any advise? Even if the advise you are giving is true people will look back and say "isnt that the guy who just asked what the 710 cap is for?" Or in your case "THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS SIGHT IS ****ED!!! Either get over youirselves and answer the question or dont put in you usless "search" or even more ignoant "read all 40+ pages". Which in my book is just as pathetic... (You need to learn to spell a little bit better)

With an attitude like that I think you pretty much screwed yourself out of getting your questions answered anyway. So let the newbs or the guys who are full of **** answer your questions from now on, or just move on, but this is the best Dodge forum as far as I am concerned (to a specific Gens anyways) and I have been on allot of them...

PS Dont forget to pay your tresspassing ticket for running your truck on the beach. You obviously cant read NO TRESSPASSING signs either. Thats only two words not 40 pages...

Old 05-14-2009, 03:28 AM
Hoss356
Captain

I think you need to just get some thicker skin and chill out. I mean, why are you even gonna get upset over little things like this? On one hand you had a point, but when the post started sounding like a little girl with a skinned knee you lost all credibility and it just turned to complaining. Just relax and stick around for awhile, you might find more sarcastic people on here then A--holes... Same as life, it's all about how you view it.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

I agree and mostely disagree....But, this is a helping forum, and alot of people do chime in here to find out info about a problem they may be having. The search thing does work, and spelling and having proper grammar helps too. But my .02 is that this thread is just going to get everyone pissed off at eachother. Sure we all like to joke around on here, but there is also a bunch of serious people on here willing to help.

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen Ram Etiquette