3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3rd Gen Ram Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 05:15 AM
Pruitts Hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alot of the people that answer with one or two word response are the ones that got like 10000 or more post.I guess that is something good to have.But i also know that on here if you dont have alot of post they wont answer you for some strange reason.I have been on this forum for a while now and hardly every post.Just dont care how many i get.
Jeremy

Old 05-14-2009, 05:25 AM
1LowRam
Professional

Wow, didnt even think that another thread would be started. Im not a newbie to message boards. I tried to use the search link, but got the dreaded, "Sorry, no match found". So i asked away. Like I said in that thread, I was really looking for a response from the SC rep.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Alpheus
Banned

When you do a search do not just search titles. Search the entire post with your key words. If you want to know what tires fit with stock lift type in the box: lift+tires+stock+size and check the box that says search entire post. If you try and search the titles it dosent work all that great. This is a stock forum base that is used all over the net just with different topics and the search is the same on all of them

Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like everyone needs to chill with this. The guys who don't like that people aren't searching are allowed to tell people to search, there is no rule against that. And the guys who want to keep posting the same questions are allowed to do that, just don't get tight when people tell you to search. We are all on the same team here, why all the bashing about what is the best way to use the forum. Is it really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things? Just relax and enjoy the site.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:28 PM
SlimJim24
Rookie

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
It sounds like everyone needs to chill with this. The guys who don't like that people aren't searching are allowed to tell people to search, there is no rule against that. And the guys who want to keep posting the same questions are allowed to do that, just don't get tight when people tell you to search. We are all on the same team here, why all the bashing about what is the best way to use the forum. Is it really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things? Just relax and enjoy the site.
agreed! we all drive ram's so we're cooler than everyone else, can't we just either get along or at the least be able to ignore the people we don't like?

Old 05-14-2009, 01:54 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Truly, Jason D is asking the rest of us not to post useless answers in the threads. How about this? Stop starting useless threads to begin with!!

Why is it everyone's responsibility to find some links and post them for the lazy person who has not looked for them??

When I was new here, I looked through page after page for different topics because:
a) I didn't want to start repetitive threads and
b) I wanted to be informed when I did start a thread

Newbies are always welcome of course. Just take some time and look around. How many times can we see the dreaded "What is the best CAI?" thread??

Old 05-14-2009, 02:29 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Today alone I have seem 3 different threads on which 20'' tires to buy. I have answered each one with the same answer and what type of tires to use. But if those guys asking would simply go through a few threads they would have seen someone else already asking the same questions.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my take on this, and as the 3rd Gen Moderator, this is how it's gonna be:

If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't post. We do get a lot of repetitive questions here, that's why we have the FAQ section. Members are welcome to politely direct people to the FAQ section, or recommend a search. That's your prerogative and I have no problem with it. What you cannot do is make insulting or condescending posts to other members. That kind of attitude falls under the personal attacks/trolling rules of DF.

Basically, don't be a dick, lest you get beaten with the modstick or smacked with the banhammer.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:37 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

WOW he has nothing else to say?...Anyways you also have to remember.this is a thread type forum.what you say can be taken in a different context than what you intended to sound like.for instance,I know that there are a few posts that sounded like i was being a complete a-hole.That is not how i wanted it to sound.But unless your actually talking to the person face to face.thats how its gonna read

Chill out man, eveyone jokes around with everyone in here and sometimes it helps.Especially when something your trying to either get fixed or do is really frustrating you.It helps take the edge off.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

when i first joined here i felt the exact same way as you. Now being here for awhile, i can relate to other members. It gets extremely old seeing the same question every single day. Most the time i don't even click on any tuner/exhaust/intake thread. The problem is that there are so many people in society today who can't figure things out on their own.

Last edited by Got_Hemi44; 05-14-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen Ram Etiquette