3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3rd Gen Ram Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Jason D
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd Gen Ram Etiquette

OK guys I know that I am not alone here on either side of this delima!

I bought my new truck and became a member the very same day(a very short time ago). Now that was not that long ago but I have to say that I am already becoming ashamed by the the actions of some of the regulars here.

I am on a ton of forums for all the hobbies and vehicles that I own and I have to say that their are alot of childish people around here as compared to the other forums.

Why do people feel the need to answer with a stupid usless answer like "do a search" or "read the whole milion page thread".

Why cant you just hold your .02 and let them figure it out on their own, or even better yet let someone else who is not such a tool answer it for you?

I will leave if everyone thinks I am steping outside my bounds.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Forums are for QandA if I am correct!

Why else would we be here?

By the way this forum has the worst search function I have ever seen on any forum!

Last edited by Jason D; 05-14-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll chime in here. People that reply stating to use the search feature (me included), get tired of seeing the same question 5-6 times a day. "What exhaust is best for my truck?" What is the death flash" And the sad part is usually the answer to their question can be found by scrolling the page down a little ways and reading a little bit. Personally I think it is sheer laziness. Call me a hypocrite if you go and look at the threads that I have started. ( When I first got here I asked a few questions that had been asked a million times) But, now I rarely start a thread before checking to see if it has been covered already. I like to think that the little link for the search page is just easy to overlook and most people don't know that it is there.

Just my oxygen....

Old 05-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Jason D
Veteran

OK same here I started a bunch of the same threads.

All I am saying is just lay off the people. If everyone doesnt give the retarted seardh answer maby they will just take the initiative to do a search.

Edit; All I am saying is that if you only have a "SEARCH" OR "READ BACK" answer why not just ignore it!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Oh I dont do it unless its a topic that can be seen on the same page. just the other day, there were three death flash threads back to back on the same front page.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:20 AM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

I do agree with you, but I also disagree. I do think that some people on here can be a bit more tactful in their responses. And I do agree that the search function can use a little refinement. But at the same time, it does get repetitive when you see “what kind of (insert part here) should I get/is the best?” over and over. For me, I usually try to search for an answer as best as I can before posting a question. And I think that people should search for the answers first, especially when it comes to common things like mufflers, CAIs, and programmers. But wherever you go there are going to be people that ask the same questions over and over, and people that respond like d**ks. And for everyone that responds to these kinds of posts with stupid, or disrespectful remarks I think the best advice I can give would be to either answer the question respectfully, or just ignore the post.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:20 AM
Jason D
Veteran

I feel the pain but woudnt it be more progressive to either ignore or just post a link to the thread they are looking for, Instead of the give retarted posts?

Old 05-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Come on either a respectful and informative post or no post! Thats what I am gettign at!

I realy think that If we just leave the stupid redundant questions unanswered that the person will either find the answer through the search or someone will actuly make a responsive answer that matters. COME ON

Last edited by Jason D; 05-14-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:29 AM
elks
Rookie

Yes this has been the worst site as far as people saying do a search/ In my experience the search function does not work worth a poo. 1 hour later and looking over 30-40 threads I give up and post then I get a do a search it has already been asked.

In all honesty 2 minutes of time to simply state , most people rec. KN or look at fab tech is enough. But in stead they go on and on about hte search function and tend to be rude in the process. Why do they bother they do not have to answer. there are others that will give hte information asked and gladly do so or at least post a quick link.

As a newbie here the reception was poor at best glad I am not a paying member... Hopefully this will change!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

sounds like you are using the basic search. Try the advanced and you can limit your search parameters.

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen Ram Etiquette