3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Truck Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009 | 09:52 PM
SeMiGoD
|
Record Breaker
Default New Truck Opinions Please

Swung by my local dealer today thats losing their dodge badge. They have a beautiful white, (of course), 09 Dodge Ram QC 4X4 with floor shifter marked down 6K just trying to dump their stock. They offered me 19,500 for mine and i owe 22. My ins will go up 23 bucks every 6 months and my payment up 60 bucks a month. Im REALLY thinking about it as i LOVE the new 09's but would like some opinions before i do anything...just looking for some thoughts and opinions. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-18-2009 | 09:53 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

DO IT!!! i would if a dealership would offer me anything good for mine

Old 05-18-2009 | 09:55 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Here's the best way to go about this. I'll trade you my truck for your truck, then you trade my truck in on it, and then you have a new '09, and I'll keep your nice truck. lol

If you like it, and can afford to upgrade to it, go right ahead and trade. They are pretty trucks, the only thing is you'll be leaving us alone here, and you'll have an unmodded truck for a while. How many miles does your truck have on it? That's not bad money to be offered for an '07, many people get them for cheaper than that.

Old 05-18-2009 | 09:58 PM
sweetsrt-10
Professional

bro go for it...the 09 is soo nice...used to be ford for looks inside and dodge just knocked them off the top spot....GO FOR IT ALL THE WAY BRO....by the way your ram is sweet!! also to make u feel a lil better..m bro was gonna trade his 06 and only wanted to give him $14,5 so you're making out pretty good!

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:15 PM
SeMiGoD
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
Here's the best way to go about this. I'll trade you my truck for your truck, then you trade my truck in on it, and then you have a new '09, and I'll keep your nice truck. lol

If you like it, and can afford to upgrade to it, go right ahead and trade. They are pretty trucks, the only thing is you'll be leaving us alone here, and you'll have an unmodded truck for a while. How many miles does your truck have on it? That's not bad money to be offered for an '07, many people get them for cheaper than that.
I already found a new hood and needless to say exhaust would be done the day i bought it along with spray in bed liner. My truck has 17K on it as of today. Id always be keeping an eye on 3rd gen posts of course.
I can afford the truck BUT im in a new house and working on getting crap done here and bought a new harley so im a bit on the fence considering the $. Im simply torn about it all but its a SMOKIN truck and i absolutly love it. Hell, my enthusiasm for dodge trucks got a bud driving a ford to start lookin at dodge. Hes ready to buy, even made an offer on my truck!

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:17 PM
4matty3
Captain

dont do it..
be happy with what you got

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:22 PM
sweetsrt-10
Professional

Originally Posted by SeMiGoD
I already found a new hood and needless to say exhaust would be done the day i bought it along with spray in bed liner. My truck has 17K on it as of today. Id always be keeping an eye on 3rd gen posts of course.
I can afford the truck BUT im in a new house and working on getting crap done here and bought a new harley so im a bit on the fence considering the $. Im simply torn about it all but its a SMOKIN truck and i absolutly love it. Hell, my enthusiasm for dodge trucks got a bud driving a ford to start lookin at dodge. Hes ready to buy, even made an offer on my truck!
bro a word of advice..do what makes you happy! i sold my old truck and i kinda regret it....so think about it but the 09 is nice and if you can swing it comfortably do it...don't live beyond the means! just my .02

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:36 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

keep yours, i mean the new ones may be nice inside, but i hate the looks of the outside, so they ride better, big deal. mod your current one with rear coils then you've got the same ride quality, and a cooler looking truck.

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:41 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by MontanaRAM
keep yours, i mean the new ones may be nice inside, but i hate the looks of the outside, so they ride better, big deal. mod your current one with rear coils then you've got the same ride quality, and a cooler looking truck.
+1 on the outside of the new trucks. Plus you got a sick truck now. But do what makes you happy your the one stuck with it. ; )

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:41 PM
sweetsrt-10
Professional

follow your heart my friend! that may get you in troublr

Quick Reply: New Truck Opinions Please