3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

is it worth it? mods on 4.7L

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 01:28 AM
magnum v8
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is it worth it? mods on 4.7L

Raminal02,

Okay, I found the site. But, unfortunately their price went up too. The stainless steel model is $489 on that site. The cheapest I've found for stainless steel models is $479 at AJUSA.com. But, they do offer an aluminumized steel version for $305. I can't believe there should be a difference in performance between the two. Only a difference in longevity.

Either way, if you decide to buy one, I highly recommend AJUSA.com. Their customer service is phenomenal and on top of that, they have free shipping for JBA products (through FED-EX ground).

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

John

Old 03-17-2005, 01:51 AM
RAMINAL02
Amateur

thanks john ill check them out.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Mattes_4.7

Have you looked at truckaddons.com ? i'm not trying to undermine you magnum v8....just throwin out a different idea! they have some of the cheapest prices i've seen, and it's fast and free shipping. they don't have JBA, but they do have Gibson, Magnaflow, borla, flowmaster. I went with gibson dual side exit and love it.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:45 PM
magnum v8
Professional

Mattes 4.7,

I just looked on truckaddons.com. Thanks for the advice. Gibson's stainless steel single side was about 40 dollars cheaper than JBA's price of $480. I can't say how well it works, and you have the dual side exits, so that's not a fair comparison. Borla didn't have a system for the 4.7, Magnaflow's was $515 and I don't even see Flowmaster's name on there. I've read a few posts that the 4.7's lost some backpressure with dual's. They said a single 3-inch pipe was the way to go. Don't know if that's true, but I took the recommendation.

Just for reference, Borla does have a stainless steel single side for the 4.7. It costs about the same as the JBA. In my experience, JBA, Magnaflow and Borla have the same type of system for about the same price, if you look hard enough.

BTW, do you have the Gibson Super Truck system, or the standard dual side exit? If I hadn't went for the JBA, I would have chosen the Super Truck side exit. But a major concern was the exit being in front of the rear wheel, and people getting in may mistake the tips for a step.

John

Old 03-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Mattes_4.7

Sorry about that Magnum V8, I wrote that reply in a bit of a hurry, I thought I saw flowmaster on there. Anyway, I have the regular dual side exit exhaust...I didn't like the look of the super truck. As for the loss of compression, I didn't read anything about that, thanks for the heads up though, I'll look around a bit. either way, i'm happy with what i have, and i understand about comparing the dual to the single exit, it may be different. I haven't heard the single exit yet. I hope this helps though!

Quick Reply: is it worth it? mods on 4.7L