3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

seat belt dinger

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 01:35 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I already answered this but it seems none of my posts have been apporoved since Friday?

Weedahoe, it's best to not take a shortcut on this one. Your dealing with seatbelts and installing a quick connector is not something i would want to do with the electronics part. it's just as easy to do the manual way. it's something like plug in your seatbelt, do the ignition thing 3x's and unplug the belt. that's it!

Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Its faster to squeeze that clip on it than get the manual, read it, understand it and go through the process of disabling it.
And the clip will make the light go off to wont it??

Old 06-08-2009, 03:08 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^Yes. It should. But I have to add one thing. If you alter the seatbelts in ANY way at all and you have an accident and the seatbelts fail. You cannot Sue Chrysler for that. Actually, Your insurance Company could hold you liable for all medical costs if they proved to a court that it interfered with your safety.
Do it right. Get the owners manual. The little red light on the dash won't even be noticeable after a week.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:25 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

When I bought my truck new off the lot, the ding drove me nuts. I hardly ever wear my seatbelt. I actually pulled into a parking lot on the way home from the dealership, grabbed the manual and disabled it. Have had the little red seatbelt dude staring at me for 5 years now, I don't even notice he's there...

Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah it will make the light stay off. It basically simulates the seatbelt being plugged it. But Dirty does bring up a good point. I did mine like this when I first bought my truck and before it was told that it could be altered through programming. But being mine is done im not messing with it.

Quick Reply: seat belt dinger