3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Grill----Need Help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 09:52 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Grill----Need Help.

Ok so my fiance Amber tells me back in April she ordered me something-- so it's almost may and she's like WTF any way I told her maybe it's on backorder(I still did not now what it was)
Ok so now it's June I told her just cancel the order well guess what its here today and "hell yes" its the grill I finally decided on---heres a pic of what it should look like once it's installed:
Name:  MTX_02_Ram_8MM_Billet_17-261-V_Gjpg.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  70.9 KB

Ok so I go to look for the instructions and there is non so I figure this should be easy as pie.
Well I still cannot figure this damn thing out I don't know what I'm missing here---take a look at the pic's the brackets on the new grill make no sense to me:
Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  128.6 KB

Name:  photo-3.jpg
Size:  87.7 KB

heres a pic of the front of the new grill, except it will be behind the + of the rest of the grill:
Name:  photo-1.jpg
Size:  136.2 KB

Can anybody help?
Thanks in advanced.

johnny.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:56 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

wish i could, i know with the grill i just put in it went on the outside vice the inside and I had to drill holes to secure it to the frame.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:01 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

the clip things look like they should be in the middle instead of the exposed parts of the mesh, so that they would screw into the center divider thingy. but that's just me.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Looks like it should attach to the original grill with some nuts and bolts with washers. You know, like put a bolt facing backwards and it goes through the stock grill, put a washer and nut on it and tighten 'er down. That's what it looks like to me. Can you contact the manufacturer. They probably have a .pdf they can email you.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:06 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

rssjib i think you might be right. some of the grills i have looked at online were like that.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:12 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Yep, thanks dedogg..........there was this one time when I thought I was wrong, but I was only mistaken.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:15 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

lmao....

Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Originally Posted by MontanaRAM
the clip things look like they should be in the middle instead of the exposed parts of the mesh, so that they would screw into the center divider thingy. but that's just me.
Thats what I was think also, ok so I'm not crazy then.

Originally Posted by dedogg
wish i could, i know with the grill i just put in it went on the outside vice the inside and I had to drill holes to secure it to the frame.
I might have to do something like that---what I might do is go to my friends shop tomorrow morning and see what they can do if not I'll have to figure something out.

Originally Posted by rssjib
Looks like it should attach to the original grill with some nuts and bolts with washers. You know, like put a bolt facing backwards and it goes through the stock grill, put a washer and nut on it and tighten 'er down. That's what it looks like to me. Can you contact the manufacturer. They probably have a .pdf they can email you.
I used to have the honeycomb grill and I switched it out for the strait chrome mopar grill so it's all still mopar but it just seems like it should have the bolt thingamajigs on the sides so I can screw it in.
I called the people Amber ordered the grill from and I emailed the manufacture so we'll see tomorrow guy's------I'm really looking forward to getting this grill on I really like the way it looks plus it's made out of billet so it's heavy duty.

johnny.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:20 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

good luck, keep us posted.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:37 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Will do----I guess I'll be the second guy here with a verticale grill when I do get it installed lol.

johnny.

Quick Reply: New Grill----Need Help.