3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cab roof lights for a 1500?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:52 PM
NYBowbender
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
The actual Mopar cab lights ship with a template. I've not seen any others though.

I posted about a year or so ago that if anyone bought the Mopar ones if they would send it to me, I'd make copies and send them to anyone for just the cost to mail it. If I used thin enough stock, I'm sure I could fold it to fit in a manila envelope. But nobody responded. I'm not surprised, I think the stock ones are ugly...

When I did it, the total install was about 3 hours, but the first hour and a half was measuring, re-measuring, setting them in place and getting back and looking, re-measuring and then getting over the fear of drilling into the roof.
So you just eyeballed the location?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Not really, for the distances between the lights yeah, but for how they are arranged, I looked at pics online of 2500 trucks with the stock ones and noticed how the center three were closer together and closer to the front than the side two.
But I measured to make sure everything was perfectly equal. I can't remember exactly what the measurements were, this was about 3 years ago, but I used the rain channel on each side to start both the outer ones.
I musta measured my marks about a dozen times!
BTW, use a crayon, the wax wipes right off...

Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
NYBowbender

Thanks. I'm gonna look around on the net and see what I can find, if I locate anything useful I'll post it up!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:10 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NYBowbender
Thanks. I'm gonna look around on the net and see what I can find, if I locate anything useful I'll post it up!

When I got mine, the docs were kinda cheazy, but I know that they now ship with an excellent set of instructions, complete with pics, that were actually a DIY done here by a former member.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:08 PM
NYBowbender
I checked with Recon and they actually have a number of installation pdf's on their site showing how to install their products. The instructions for the cab lights also include placement instructions.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 PM
hemidel
Professional

Originally Posted by xill
i'm considering getting a set of 5 smoked cab roof lights, but everything i'm seeing describes them as being only for 1500s & 3500s. anyone get these on their 1500s? I would think the wiring and such would be the same, but wanna ask before i buy...
The answer to your question is yes. I just had smoke cab lights installed on my 1500. And, quite a few people have done this mod to their 1500. Check out recon's website. It will tell you that you can also install on a 1500 besides a 2500 or 3500. Like someone else stated, there is a diy directions on the faq portion of their website and those instructions also come with the cab lights for a dodge order. Ill post a mine soon.

Quick Reply: cab roof lights for a 1500?