3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cops and pickups

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkhunter10
well i have only been pulled over once and it was because the cop wanted to look at my truck. He said it was his favorite truck in our city! He just wanted to see so he decided to pull me over! I did get a get out of jail free card though! not I wish
I've gotten pulled over I think three times now, once in Fl. and twice in Ga. for nothing other than for the cop to get a closer look and ask a few question. I ended up bs'ing on the side of the road in Ga. with a cop for about 20 mins. He stopped me to ask about my lift, and he ended up saying he was ordering a Superchips when he got off duty.
I'm still waiting for my commission check from SC for that sale...

Old 06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmiah22
Whenever cops pull up to me i usually rev on them to let them know who's the boss of this town.

Don't kid yourself. We all know you say yes Sir/Ma'am and act like a total gentelman when the lights are lit up behind you!.....lol

Originally Posted by AMCman10
I revently saw in Western Maryland a 2500 CD Ram (07 or 08) undercover cop truck, not fire rescue truck, not DNR, cop truck. It was red with tinted windows. Would have never noticed if I just saw it driving since there are so many trucks out there anyways, but it had another car pulled over on the highway with all the lights lit up. I thought it was pretty damn cool, and that cop must feel totaly BA. Didnt get a good look at the cops uniform, so I cant say what agency, but it was pretty sweet.
Massachusettes does the same thing. Well, I've seen them in an undercover 2003 Green Mustang GT all tinted out sitting on the side of the Mass Pike numerous times.
NYS trooperss have the '00-01 Z-28's still as well as new Chargers, but in NYS they are tagged and have lightbars. No undercover cops are allowed to pull civilians over on any highways. So they are all marked here.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:45 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a cop that drives around town here in a decked out black 69' camaro, Watched him pull over a WRX a while back... Back to the OP from what have learned just watching cars and trucks around here is that the Black, Red, Yellow and "interesting" colors get more attention than anything else...

Old 06-17-2009, 03:36 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

I wouldent get another truck and or car that is not black! Lol. I love it.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Matt99
Champion

Alot of our State Troopers (in Louisiana) are switching to Police Interceptor Tahoes. Very nice. But we have chargers, mustangs, and even a corvette. I think they use whatever they can get their hands on from these drug busts.

I saw a guy pulled over the other day by a QC Ram. First time Ive seen that. All of our goofy *** Game Wardens drive new 2500 CTD 4x4 QC. Pretty crappy

Old 06-17-2009, 04:24 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Matt99
Alot of our State Troopers (in Louisiana) are switching to Police Interceptor Tahoes. Very nice. But we have chargers, mustangs, and even a corvette. I think they use whatever they can get their hands on from these drug busts.

I saw a guy pulled over the other day by a QC Ram. First time Ive seen that. All of our goofy *** Game Wardens drive new 2500 CTD 4x4 QC. Pretty crappy

Interceptor Tahoes cut out at 125mph and would top out at 136mph??? Not quick enough to catch my Stang!..lol Radio is, but not the Tahoe.

Game Wardens are driving around in 2500CTD and that's crappy??? Crappy for the tax payers because thats BS. They could be saving 15k by dropping down to a 4.7 basic QC

Old 06-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Matt99
Champion

Dog, I did not mean the truck was crappy. I hate game wardens (sorry if there are any on here, the ones here are dicks) I think they should drive single cab ford rangers with the I-4 (2wd trucks for wardens would really help me out haha)

They do not need those huge trucks. And once again, why do cops need huge Tahoes going down the interstate when they are already griping about the gas budget being too low. Yea, the vette would definitely outrun ONE state trooper but thirteen seconds down the highway there is another one shooting radar here in Louisiana

Old 06-17-2009, 09:20 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

Lol, I love po po's/pigs/5 0's etc! I am actually going to be one.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:30 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by lb79theone
Lol, I love po po's/pigs/5 0's etc! I am actually going to be one.

Better familiarize yourself with these then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...olice_officers ........lmao

Old 06-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

out here, some of the cops have black and white fully marked Dodge ram QC's...look pretty sweet if you ask me! and, we also have all the undercover chargers, magnums, etc on the highways.

Quick Reply: Cops and pickups