3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake Trouble Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:15 PM
HoustonDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Trouble Help

OK I have an 02 Ram 4x4 1500 V8 5.9L, anyway when I slow down and/or stop at slow speeds the brakes squeal (sometimes, not all) and sometimes they squeal LOUD like at a drive thru etc. Also at high speeds like from 30 and up coming to a stop at a light or sign I hear a moan or a grind and can feel it too. So I am taking it in tomorrow to a shop. Any ideas what it could be? I cant remember the last time I had them serviced or what was done, if EVER. Mileage 110,000 (bough truck in 04 at 60,000 miles). Thanks for any help and input!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:38 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you need new brakes lol. if the pads and rotors werent changed together, the pads may not have mated themselves correctly into the rotor. While you're in there may as well put some brake grease (99cents at any auto parts store) on the back side of the pads (NOT the friction surface!!).

Quick Reply: Brake Trouble Help